Garuda Grub with OpenSUSE

No luck… No errors but when I run the last command (configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg, I also tried /boot/grub2/grub.cfg). The search command takes a while with no --set but finishes instantly with it. A quick LS shows that the directory did not change

Edit: I’m not allowed to make another post for 14hr because of the new user restriction, so I’m going to edit this.
Edit2: At this point is there any way to just make garuda snapshots available from opensuse’s grub and then circumvent this bug altogether?
Edit3: Or perhaps replace garuda grub with normal grub?
Edit4:

I did find the partition, it listed it just fine when I ran the command search.fs_label suse. It just wouldn’t mount with search.fs_label suse --set root. As I stated before, doing ls (hd0,msdos3) (the suse partition) gives me /@. In /@ I find /@/boot. In /boot all I find is the grub2 folder, while when I mount the drive in garuda I could see all the vmlinuz_linux files and stuff, but not in grub.

When I installed suse the second time to see if a corrupted suse was the problem it repalced garuda-grub with its own grub2. From this grub2 I was able to boot suse fine and garuda if I modified the .cfg to add /@ to the beginning of the directories. The problem occured when I did /grub-install /dev/sde in garuda to replace the suse grub with garuda grub. If all else fails I could go into my suse usb and chroot into the suse installation to run /grub-install. From there I could follow your suggestions. If nothing else works I might try this tomorrow, but I would like to nail this bug so no one else has it (I may replace suse with manjaro or pop later on so I want garuda’s grub to work properly).

1 Like