Gaming News 📰

Free Game from Epic, Aven Colony, Gold on Protondb.com. Mostly Postive reviews on Steam. You can use Heroic Game Launcher or Lutris with an Epic Store runner to play.

2 Likes

Good old Skyrim :eyes: back in the days, I was 15 yo and did not have a computer capable of running the game I absolutely wanted to play - so I bought myself a XBOX as cheaper solution, just for this game :joy: good times!

Also:

4 Likes

Oh I wanted to play this one as well, only I didn't get the xbox. I waited several years, but oh boy was I hooked. The mods made it even better. I still fire it up now and again.

Great open source game tool, thanks. :+1:

2 Likes

Proton since October 2021 – all of them work out of the box or well enough with tweaks:

2 Likes

For you Nintendo Switch Controller freaks, good news ahead…

Nintendo Switch Controller Driver, Sony PS5 Controller Improvements Come For Linux 5.16

As written about at the end of last month, the Nintendo Switch controller driver is finally landing! This kernel driver enables the Nintendo Switch Pro and Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers to now work with the mainline kernel. Both USB and Bluetooth connectivity is supported. Features like rumble mode, LEDs, and other functionality is working for these Joy-Cons / Pro controllers.

1 Like

Released November 4, the latest update to Proton Experimental added in improved support for Mafia II (Classic), Disgaea 4 Complete+ and Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered. On top of that, work more went into improving the new support for CEG DRM on Linux with Proton. Now you should see an improvement to the startup time of games using it, pushing it another step forwards towards being ready to roll out in a stable version of Proton.

1 Like

how cool would it be if the anniversary edition had a native steam deck version?

2 Likes

Stop teasing....stop. :joy:

1 Like

I mean, if they launch a switch version and the entire scripting (skse) has to be updated/redone and there is a proyect that has managed to load skyrim assets natively to linux (the morrowind port) I mean... a man can dream right.
F I forgot that bethesda is a part of microsoft now... T_T

2 Likes

Yes, I was very distraught when this was announced, especially with the new/next skyrim in production.

1 Like

dont worry about elder scrolls 6, it will launch alongside GTA 6, in a very long future. About skyrim, maybe if enough people ask for it? the issue is valves marketing of "no porting required" and the bast majority of users not knowing the advantages of a native build, and thats not even talking about a tailored build for a deck... I better stop, am starting to confusse reality with fiction.

2 Likes

Handy little how-to to get your Gamemode on. You can activate Gamemode in your friendly Garuda Gamer app, under tools.

2 Likes

Another FREE GAME from Epic. This one was released today, coming to Steam soon so there is no Protondb info on it if it runs well with Proton or not. Be that game tester you were born to...oh :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: whatever.

2 Likes

If you as many others were wondering about how valve was gonna make steam os 3.0 stable the answer was already given, by making it a fedora silverblue style of os (wich would explain why on tested steam deck cover the os had a snapshot label), is an interesting approach for sure what do you guys think?

3 Likes

And....

Valve released today a new Steam Client update that brings some goodies for Linux gamers and games, as well as a bunch of various other enhancements, performance improvements, and bug fixes.

And a breakdown on Steam Deck's Hardware...

4 Likes

Get those coins on the table, Steam's Autumn Sale is live! Gobble....gobble!!

Also, you Neverwinter Nights fans have a free bonus with the newly released Enhanced Edition...

4 Likes

I actually use linux to work only, as a barrier to not play games while working. As games normally don´t work out of the box. Last week installed cruzader kings III and it worked. Had to wipe it out before I got addicted again...

5 Likes

lmao i have NWN diamond edition on effin DVD and i even still have the box.

4 Likes

Rolling up all old school like. :joy:

2 Likes

damn skippy! =-)

1 Like