file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/Sweet/Main.qml.26:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org. de.plasma.core"

Only you can figure this out if it works for you.
Make sure you have a working snapshot up your sleeve.

Looking forward to having kde-git packages split from Chaotic-AUR, this will prevent any of those issues haha.
We already prepared a separate builder and repo, now it's on @alexjp to make use of it :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes.
I am having a lot of issues with kde-git since they changed the version number from 5.28.80 to 5.27.80. It seems related to the plasma-frameworks-git package set. But so far I am unable to reinstall git packages, even starting from clean scratch Garuda.

Without git packages you will be ok.

1 Like

fair enoughā€¦ Iā€™m downloading garuda-kde-lite-linux-zen-221019.iso and Iā€™ll see if this issue pops up again after I apply all the updatesā€¦ Iā€™ll keep the install as vanilla as possible while trying to replicate this issueā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I think the reason for the issues is that KDE is currently transitioning to Qt6, Iā€™m not sure how far the PKGBUILDs are adapted to those changes yet. But as outlined in my previous message, there will be changes to those soon.

Apart from having a separate repo, we also plan to make them non-git packages which replace their stable Arch counterpart.

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s about what I think too, they are not yet ready for something more stable, which is why last night I decided to leave the git for now and wait a little. :smiley:

1 Like

Not to muddy the water, but why would the Mate version exhibit the same behavior?

And I did confirm that CachyOS did install the 5.27 version of Plasma and all which is working fine. So Iā€™m assuming you are saying a base install of Garuda uses -git in places and thatā€™s part of this? Because when I removed the -git stuff the problem didnā€™t go away when updating.

This is because there is more than one topic in this topic.

The very first issue you had was that you had that blue login screen which was not logging you in Plasma (black screen I consider to not be Plasma).

I was specifically refering to that, regarding the git packages.

Your second issue, which are the issues after you have logged in (with wallpaper and cursor), that is different and I was not refering to that.

2 Likes

Ah, ok. I was seeing this all as the same issue, but I see your point.

Just an FYI, I installed the Garuda KDE Lite on an external drive (no extras), and was able to do all updates and everything seems to work fine after a reboot. This may be the solution for me, but I wonder as I add stuff back in if I donā€™t run into the same issue again. Thoughts? I guess now if I hit the problem, Iā€™ll know what change(s) created the issue and can focus on that.

For that specifically, my suggestion would be to always read the packages that get upgraded/removed/installed. I learned from a mistake in the past. :rofl:
For easier reading you can edit your pacman.conf to uncomment the Verbose line, or something like that.
Sorry I have to be on my machine to give you the exact line, will be back on this in a couple of hours.

I was able to add garuda-dr460nized and do the SDDM and global settigns, reboot and it all works flawlessly, so I feel like I have my old Garuda Linux back :smile: . I'll play some more, but feeling this may be the way forward for me for a permanent installation on my laptop. Going to work on setting up a few other things I want/need.

1 Like

Man you really got some hard times lately, I can understand that.
So, KDE-Lite with Dr460nized?

Thatā€™s correct. Lite with Dr460nized installed and set up. Working on kvm/Qemu setup to run my Windows vm on the test setup. Adding stuff then rebooting to see if anything breaks

Interesting idea, Dr460nizing KDE-lite! :smiley:

So about pacman.conf, uncomment this

VerbosePkgLists

Around line 36....

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.