file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/Sweet/Main.qml.26:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org. de.plasma.core"

@mfrazzz have you refreshed your mirrors? You can refresh them without performing a full upgrade or any package at all.
This will gain you access to all current packages and may help update to the proper packages that would get you out of the git nightmare.

1 Like

But I do have internet. Iā€™m doing the posts on here with this system.

I have done refreshes. Let me attempt again. I just reset back to a previous snapshot.

1 Like

Ok good, you are aware, that's good.

Ok, was able to update/refresh the mirrors and now have the 3.0.x version of Dr460nized installed. Was able to do the setup of the Plasma dock and remove latte. Let me check the -git packages (I'm losing track of where I'm at with all of the snapshot resets.

[UPDATE] Here's my current list of -git packages

ā•°ā”€Ī» sudo pacman -Qs git
local/ananicy-rules 1.r92.ac260c0-1
CachyOS - Ananicy rules
local/bat 0.22.1-1
Cat clone with syntax highlighting and git integration
local/candy-icons-git r965.017c53e-1
Sweet gradient icons
local/cdparanoia 10.2-8
Compact Disc Digital Audio extraction tool
local/find-the-command-git 2.0.1.r0.gfecba1a-1.1
Advanced command-not-found hook for bash, fish and zsh using the power of pacman
local/git 2.39.1-1
the fast distributed version control system
local/ios-mount-git r19.771a471-1
Utility script to mount iOS photos and app files on linux, built around ifuse
local/libgit2 1:1.5.1-2
A linkable library for Git
local/libgphoto2 2.5.30-1
Digital camera access library
local/libltc 1.3.2-1
Linear/Logitudinal Time Code (LTC) Library
local/libraw 0.21.1-1
A library for reading RAW files obtained from digital photo cameras (CRW/CR2, NEF, RAF, DNG, and others)
local/mhwd-db-garuda-git 1:r63.2f652e8-3
MHWD-db for Garuda Linux (Manjaro's mhwd-db backported to Archlinux with additional features and limited
to DKMS drivers)
local/mhwd-garuda-git r20.dc8eff1-2
mhwd-garuda(manjaro's mhwd backported to archlinux with additional features and limited to only dkms
drivers)
local/oscar-git ..r4066.e35d47b3-1
Open-source, cross platform, sleep tracking software with a focus on monitoring CPAP treatment. Fork of
the sleepyhead project.
local/rtw89-dkms-git 1:r366.fce040c-1
Driver for Realtek 8852AE, an 802.11ax device
local/samba-mounter-git 186.29ebad4-1
User space mount tool for samba
local/siril-git 1.0.0.5386.3364b650-1
An astronomical image processing software for Linux. (IRIS clone)
local/sweet-folders-icons-git r12.d50fbe3-1
Folder icons from the Sweet GTK Theme for Linux desktop environments
local/sweet-kde-theme-git r25.41a9a69-1
Sweet KDE Plasma theme
local/sweet-theme-full-git r302.e64fd02-1
Sweet KDE Plasma theme
1 Like

Well :poop:, no good. Still the same issue. No errors now on the login page, but after logging in, its just the background (with the new dragon image. caught me off guard, :lol:) the pointer, and nothing else. Right clicking, single click, alt-space, f12, etc all do nothing. Snapped back to where I got rid of latte and have the plasma dock running. Not sure what else to even attempt at this point.

So that I could upgrade, I modified /etc/pacman.conf and uncommented the lgnorePkg and IgnoreGrp lines and put plasma-desktop and plasma in them respectively. I then did a pacman -Syu and was able to successfully upgrade by not upgrading plasma. So far this seems to have worked until I can figure out how to upgrade to Plasma 5.27 and have a usable desktop.

I normally do the "update" command to upgrade packages, but I didn't know if this commands resets the pacman.conf file so just did a direct pacman command this time.

[UPDATE] Spoke too soon. I just tried to reboot and it didn't work. So even with not upgrading Plasma, I get the same behavior. Ugh.

Ok guys, new update. I decided to do a reinstall. Fresh copy of Garuda Dr460nized. I wonā€™t go into install frustrations here (will be a new topic(s)) but finally got an install done. I will note Iā€™m doing manual partition this time with EFI (fat32), /boot, Swap, root, and home.

After install, am greater with login, then asked to provide my password for my Wi-Fi I used during install (nice touch). Dock (latte) and top panel are there and a welcome to Garuda (setup assistant). All is right with the world at this point.

The settings assistance runs and begins the process of updating 774 packages. After this completes, no other optional packages are chosen from the various tabs (I want a clean install). Iā€™m greeted with Success! And the assistant exits back to the Welcome app. So at this point, I rebootā€¦.

Reboot appears clean. Login screen, then after logging in I have the Garuda Welcome app, the background and nothing else (no dock, no top panel ). Unlike my original issue, right clicking on the desktop brings up a menu and alt space lets me get to the search, but otherwise, unusable. Konsole will start (never gets to a Prim prompt) but Firedragon will not.

[UPDATE] while typing that the panel and dock just popped up. Dock shows Firedragon is running (itā€™s not). I closed it from the dock and tried starting it again an it doesnā€™t start. System monitor came

Interesting, I did a fresh install 2 days ago following same steps (except defaults everything on the partitions) and I had no issue.
If you got no dock and panel, first thing to do is go in Global Theme and apply Dr460nized.
This should start you up with everything in terms of Theming.

From there we can see if Firedragon and more don't work, in a different topic, but since this topic was about getting rid of KDE git and booting/logging in properly, you are still missing the logging which seems... imperfect to say the least.

1 Like

Ok plz reboot and see if you get stable Theming.
Then weā€™ll fork off the topic for Firedragon issue. :slight_smile:

Rebooted and have welcome and nothing else. Right click and alt space on desktop do nothing. Iā€™m going to let it sit for 5 mins to see if it wakes up

That is definately not normal.
You never had such glitches before the SDDM blue screen logging happened the other day?

Do you remember seeing any errors or even warnings during the 774 packages update?

1 Like

Any sign of errors in journalctl --user -xe ?

1 Like

Only error I saw was during the kernel dkms where it was setting up the Wi-Fi. Gave multiple errors about crypto.so (or something like that) not found. Everything else looked clean as it whizzed by.

Panel just popped and dock. No longer latte. Right click and alt space work. Firedragon still not starting. Monitor starts but nothing in the graphs. Wi-Fi is not working and net manager doesnā€™t show any hardware or drivers.

How can I check this when konsole doesnā€™t give a prompt?

Work Alt + Tab konsole Enter ?

Konsole never gives a prompt to type.

Switch to another tty via Ctrl + Alt + F4, login and type the command :thinking:

2 Likes

Never could get a tty to respond. Gave up. Fresh installed Garurda LXQt. Same thing. Unresponsive after updates are done in a clean install. Gave up, installed Mate since itā€™s not Qt/KDE based. Same thing. Mate was unresponsive after latest updates are done. Since I had things I needed to get done I moved to CachyOS and did all updates. No problems and was able to get stuff done in my laptop. Iā€™d much prefer to be on Garuda (Iā€™ve been using it for 2 years with no issue until now). I just donā€™t get what is happening. Ill probably set up an external drive I can boot off of if you guys want to continue to try to debug this. With Mate having issues it makes me feel like itā€™s an issue around my hardware and some incompatibility.

1 Like

OMG what a nightmare your issues!

I started to think the same thing but CachyOS is working.
Maybe related to one of the Performance tweaks from Garuda? Which means disabling them all could be a start, assuming it doesnā€™t freeze still.

1 Like

FWIW, I'm having the exact same issue as the OP on two boxes both running GarudaLinux KDE-git -- would reinstalling the plain vanilla GarudaLinux KDE non-git solve this for me?

same as the OP, my temporary solution was to roll back to a working snapshot and not do any more rolling updates till there was a fix..

my issue started weeks ago and shows the same error message on the login screen, except in my case it's the Breeze theme throwing that error message.