Dual Monitor Problem (Beginner)

Hi use an older DL580 as a workstation with Windows 10 for WS. The system has 4x10Core Xeon and 128GB RAM. I have two Nvidia installed, an RTX2060 and GTX1650.

I wanted to try Garuda but run into a Dual Monitor problem:

I just get the Display from the GTX Card. Both Nvidia are detected by the system and also the other monitor is detected. However the monitor at the RTX remains blank. When I activate it in the settings and switch the monitor at the RTX to primary both monitors go blank. The mouse pointer remains visible but thats it.

Since I dont have a black belt in Linux, is there a way to fix this issue?

Me too, I only have a brown belt because in my home country a black belt is punished more severely for assault with a weapon (black belt). :smiley: :wink:

To fix this first world problem we need some dual monitor user.

Read

please
and post

inxi -Fxxxza

as text! Even if you personally think it is unnecessary.

and
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use dual monitors, but I use an optimus pc with one monitor wired up to intel and the other to nvidia. I use Optimus-manager and I don't have any issues but I don't think it will work with two nvidia cards

You never even mentioned which DE you you were trying to install or the ISO you downloaded.

Without providing any system info you really can't really expect much assistance.

Please post your inxi output as text as requested earlier.

1 Like