Distro Review

This is the best distro I have ever used. I primarily switched to this distro because it's made in India but now I have fallen in love with this one

8 Likes

What does that mean, “it’s made in India”? Did you read that somewhere, or where does that information come from?

Garuda is developed and maintained by developers from all over the world.

“Garuda Linux was released on the 26 March 2020. Garuda Linux is developed and maintained by developers around the world. It was founded by Shrinivas Vishnu Kumbhar from India and SGS from Germany.”

11 Likes

yeah I meant the name is of indian origin. No open source software can only be built/maintained by only a group.

1 Like

Gotcha. I was curious if Garuda had wound up on a "best of India" list somewhere, or something like that. :grin:

6 Likes

Well, it's Arch, which I always loved, with a lot of useful tools and extension, which are quite handy.

So yeah, I agree. It's the best. :grin:

3 Likes

yeah arch was my favourite back in 2016. after using it for a while I tried debian and fedora and now I am back here.

2 Likes

well many youtubers across the world except people who like minimalist distros have kept garuda on their top 10 list.

1 Like

Those are all good choices IMHO.

I don't use Debian because it doesn't fit my usecase. It is installed (as derivant "Raspbian OS") on my RaspberryPi though. Heard a lot of good about Fedora, but I never used it.

4 Likes

but believe me after using all of those Arch is still my favourite.

2 Likes

Me too. Nothing beats Pacman. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It is an indo-european distro.

4 Likes

I enjoyed Garuda, but my lightdm Plymouth just crash after first reboot and system doesn't load. :thinking:

Please open new help request and follow the template.

4 Likes