Can't build Natron 2.3.15-1

Natron 2.3.15-1 build gives the error "failed to prepare transaction" when I try to build it from the AUR.

There's three popups all showing:
could not satisfy dependencies:

• unable to satisfy dependency 'sip=4.19.22' required by seexpr1-2
  • unable to satisfy dependency 'seexpr1-2' required by openfx-io
  • unable to satisfy dependency 'openfx-io' required by natron

I'm not savvy enough to know if this is really a problem with the AUR package or something else, but since I can find seexprl1-2 and openfx-io in the AUR, I can probably fix those two dependencies by installing those first and trying the build again. But, sip=4.19.22 isn't in the AUR, there are other versions of sip, but I don't know if having other versions would fix this if Natron is calling for a specific version.

Any ideas?

Here's the build script:

# Maintainer: Tércio Martins <echo dGVyY2lvd2VuZGVsQGdtYWlsLmNvbQo= | base64 -d>
# Contributor: Luca Weiss <luca (at) z3ntu (dot) xyz>
# Contributor: Özgür Sarıer <echo b3pndXJzYXJpZXIxMDExNjAxMTE1QGdtYWlsLmNvbQo= | base64 -d>
# Contributor: liberodark

_google_breakpad_commit=9474c3f
_google_mock_commit=17945db
_google_test_commit=50d6fc3
_SequenceParsing_commit=1bbcd07
_tinydir_commit=3aae922

pkgname=natron
_pkgname=Natron
pkgver=2.3.15
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Open source compositing software"
arch=('i686' 'pentium4' 'x86_64')
url="https://natrongithub.github.io/"
_url="https://github.com/NatronGitHub"
license=('GPL')
depends=('openfx-arena' 'openfx-gmic' 'openfx-io' 'openfx-misc' 'python2-pyside')
makedepends=('boost' 'glfw-x11' 'openmp')
optdepends=('natron-plugins-git: Extra Python plugins')
source=("${_pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz::${_url}/${_pkgname}/archive/v${pkgver}.tar.gz"
        "google-breakpad-${_google_breakpad_commit}.tar.gz::${_url}/google-breakpad/tarball/${_google_breakpad_commit}"
        "google-mock-${_google_mock_commit}.tar.gz::${_url}/google-mock/tarball/${_google_mock_commit}"
        "google-test-${_google_test_commit}.tar.gz::${_url}/google-test/tarball/${_google_test_commit}"
        "SequenceParsing-${_SequenceParsing_commit}.tar.gz::${_url}/SequenceParsing/tarball/${_SequenceParsing_commit}"
        "tinydir-${_tinydir_commit}.tar.gz::${_url}/tinydir/tarball/${_tinydir_commit}"
        "OpenColorIO-Configs-${_pkgname}-v${pkgver%.??}.tar.gz::${_url}/OpenColorIO-Configs/archive/${_pkgname}-v${pkgver%.??}.tar.gz"
        "openfx-${_pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz::${_url}/openfx/archive/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz"
        "config.pri")
sha512sums=('10492d698124fee5ade0806a094534846a0b6a4ee1f0e5683eb6f93570eecb5c39792eb393f387deeb484513c37bfe1e635f509d51a682937f0c77f26af76c6f'
            'SKIP'
            'SKIP'
            'SKIP'
            'SKIP'
            'SKIP'
            '0c63a5f52aa7b8d32ed068a1f9f1092082f70e9a95b916b33213d899fd9dd4e487af3baa4d6bfbd9eb4d5051e6efef15155e3a22897f8ec32330d0825df643be'
            '86aa7a675b64c6d7c100ecc4f49c29e834ccf08246e6ce11c4b92b51bb2fce73304a78e91f06c7eb72b18ca89084357816dd09238fdefb1998da57196e723b0d'
            '48017b7b9cd1854064b9ddffecedef89a4d38070f9a7d2cd506aad481a8061c5cffe5e5c84fc9b0ac5216fc99e093481db367e91ce52cb2a8a66223c4209402a')

prepare() {
  cd "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}"

if [ -d OpenColorIO-Configs ]; then
    rm -rf OpenColorIO-Configs
  fi

mv "${srcdir}/OpenColorIO-Configs-Natron-v${pkgver%.??}" \
     "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/OpenColorIO-Configs"

tar -xzf "${srcdir}/google-breakpad-${_google_breakpad_commit}.tar.gz" --strip 1 \
      -C   "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/libs/google-breakpad/"
  tar -xzf "${srcdir}/SequenceParsing-${_SequenceParsing_commit}.tar.gz" --strip 1 \
      -C   "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/libs/SequenceParsing/"
  tar -xzf "${srcdir}/tinydir-${_tinydir_commit}.tar.gz" --strip 1 \
      -C   "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/libs/SequenceParsing/tinydir/"
  tar -xzf "${srcdir}/google-mock-${_google_mock_commit}.tar.gz" --strip 1 \
      -C   "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/Tests/google-mock/"
  tar -xzf "${srcdir}/google-test-${_google_test_commit}.tar.gz" --strip 1 \
      -C   "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/Tests/google-test/"

tar -xzf "${srcdir}/openfx-${_pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz" --strip 1 \
      -C   "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/libs/OpenFX/"

mv "${srcdir}/config.pri" \
     "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/config.pri"
}

build() {
  cd "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}"

[[ -d build ]] && rm -r build; mkdir build; cd build

qmake-qt4 -r "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/Project.pro" \
               PREFIX=/usr \
               BUILD_USER_NAME="Arch_Linux" \
               CONFIG+=custombuild \
               CONFIG+=openmp \
               DEFINES+=QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT \
               QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE="${CFLAGS}" \
               QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE="${CXXFLAGS}" \
               QMAKE_LFLAGS_RELEASE="${LDFLAGS}"

make
}

package() {
  cd "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/build"
  make INSTALL_ROOT="${pkgdir}" install

install -d "${pkgdir}/usr/share/Natron/Plugins/"
  cp -r "${srcdir}/${_pkgname}-${pkgver}/Gui/Resources/PyPlugs" \
        "${pkgdir}/usr/share/Natron/Plugins/"

install -d "${pkgdir}/etc/profile.d"
  echo -e "export FONTCONFIG_PATH=/etc/fonts\n" > "${pkgdir}/etc/profile.d/${pkgname}.sh"
  echo -e "setenv FONTCONFIG_PATH /etc/fonts\n" > "${pkgdir}/etc/profile.d/${pkgname}.csh"
}

Please post it with 3 tildes above the text

Like This. it makes it easier to read
1 Like

From wiki "Reporting bugs"
If you include terminal outputs in your post please use the proper output format in your post. Using "~" 3 times above and "~" 3 times below the text block will provide a readable, raw look.

1 Like

This indicates an issue with the seexpr1-2 PKGBUILD - check its AUR package page, and report the issue if it hasn't already been reported.

1 Like

Thanks @jonathon .

It looks like the issue has already been reported. Back in July 2020 someone mentioned the issue had already been reported upstream.

I'm not experienced in this kind of troubleshooting, but I'm wondering if I should I edit the build script to point to a newer version and see if that works. I see sip listed in the dependencies when I open the script for seeexpr1-2, but I have no experience with this to know if I'm heading the right direction. "makedepends=" is the variable where I see it. If I just update the value to sip4.24-1, which is in the AUR, or the newer version 6 it might or might not work depending on what was being used. I'm thinking 4.24-1 is closest to the requested version and least likely to have taken out something needed.

1 Like

Yes, that approach can work. There's no way of knowing what values to use without trying them, e.g.:

• Removing the versioned depend from sip, i.e. make it 'sip'
  • Switching it to 'sip4' (as that's at version 4.19.24)
  • Using a different sip package

I suspect option 2 is most likely to succeed, but try option 1 first.

1 Like

I'll try option 1 and if that doesn't work, 2. I didn't know you could just put the major version and have the installer know to grab whatever version 4 it finds (presumably newest?). Cool.

Actually, in this case sip4 is the package name:

$ pacman -Ss sip
extra/sip 6.0.1-2
    A tool that makes it easy to create Python bindings for C and C++ libraries
extra/sip4 4.19.24-1
    A tool that makes it easy to create Python bindings for C and C++ libraries

Welcome to the first steps of package maintenance. :wink:

Also, looking again now, you might also need to switch python-sip to python-sip4 .

1 Like

Well I tried both sip and sip4, both of them got me past the previous error, but both send me to a new one where I am warned about removing libmysqlclient55 breaking a dependency for something else. I think I will have to table this for now as I don't want to break mysql.

1 Like