Blackarch repo broken (no it's fine; my mistake)

We do not care about Manjaro. :smiley:

No, but some apps have problems if files exist (like man pages) to install the files, so overwrite help.

2 Likes

my partitions would be plenty for regular dragonized I would think. When I get used to KDE I plan to replace Manjaro and give it that big Home and remove sda 5 and 6. I could then give Garuda Blackarch that 32 gig manjaro root plus that 32gig swap since garuda has it's own swap solution. Then teach Garuda to build android lol.

I actually know I should have more room, but I was using room I took from dual boot Win 10 that I only installed to see if it would auto-activate when I got this laptop. and I reeally don't need that 40gig home when I can easily access my manjaro home, I should have maybe done 32 and 32 or 40 and 24. I should've known better.

4 Likes

Do you guys think 32gigs would be enough? Or should I go 40? And I'll make another run with Blackarch Edition.

It’s not the Manjaro I’m worried about, lol, it’s all the source code of the android repos I’ve been working in…

2 Likes

More is always better :slight_smile:

Minimum requirements

• 30 GB storage space
  • 4 GB RAM
  • Video card with OpenGL 3.3 or better
  • 64-bit system

I have no problems with 150 Gib with KDE gaming (Black Arch need more, right?), must check later how much is free, I am on i3wm in moment.

2 Likes

I thought that was for a noobish auto install with combined root and home though. Blackarch edition needs more. I figured you assumed blackarch lovers would already know that when you listed those requirements.

And you don’t have to worry about very many noob Mr. Robot wannabees because they mostly head for Kali and Parrot.

Yes, because barebones and blackarch are not supported by Garuda Forum.
We just haven't moved the topic to "unsupported" software yet.

It is just for connoisseurs who otherwise always complain about bloat. :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh. I did not know that, but now that you mention it, I think I did read that a couple months ago. Forgive me…I’m a noob Mr. Robot wannabee.

That makes me even more grateful for the help though.
I’ll prefer some support though as I transition to KDE. I’m gonna grab the regular KDE Dr46onized since my GPUs suck.

But even my sucky Nvidia GeForce GT 730M hashcats about 3x faster than my rockin Core i7-4700MQ can aircrack.

2 Likes

My personal suggestion would be that in the website, under “BlackArch” edition, it should be mentioned as well, like under Barebones, to have less burden. I know people are likely to skip reading it :sweat_smile: but at least you can quote it and then close the topic.

1 Like

There is a restyled version in progress, tip will be back soon.

1 Like

@arkansawdave74, we are not a hand-holding forum whatsoever. If it’s in a wiki, can be Googled, or otherwise gained knowledge, the user is expected to do that work. If they do and still don’t have it resolved, they are expected to list everything they have read, what they have tried and what they have not. We are very much like the Arch Forums in that regard, just “friendlier” and a lot more easier going. :smiley:

These are not the Manjaro Forums.

There is a long ton of current information available on KDE Plasma. Try here to start. KDE - ArchWiki

If the answer to your question(s) can be found searching here or there or Google, then please don’t expect anyone here to furnish you with an answer. :smiley:

I’m not kidding–these are not the Manjaro Forums. The developers and forum helpers are too busy with difficult problems. :wink:

regards

4 Likes

Please their is no need for you to post this utter rubbish. if you have a problem with @Bro then pm him not air your shit on the forum it helps no one including you.
For your own info You were asking a lot of questions and got a lot of answers that proves you were asking for help.
Its not a problem it was only pointing out to you,doing your own research is better than asking others to search it and copy&paste that's all
But you are welcome to the forum anyway

5 Likes

I thought c00ter was just giving you a heads up to manage your expectations about this forum.

It's the same thing tbg (garuda dev team) has said to different people in other threads.

Check out the IS THE GARUDA FORUM NEWCOMER FRIENDLY (or something like that) thread .

Welcome anyway.

4 Likes

I don’t take being spoken to like a child well, which he did publicly, If I asked for help numerous times, maybe you could quote 1 or 2 and I will stand corrected. I will counter public humiliation publicly,

c00ter give you a correct answer for this

no more and no less.

But since these things unfortunately always get out of hand and lead to nothing but arguments, I’ll close here.

Its already solved.

4 Likes

Please, don't turn things into a sh*tshow now. I'm also convinced there is no humiliation to be seen in the "offensive" post. Some things should not be taken too personal (especially online!) :slight_smile:

6 Likes