Blackarch repo broken (no it's fine; my mistake)

Hello...just a heads up. I'm on a fresh install of the draginized blackarch edition. After setting up a proxy connection, I started with

╭─user@garudabox in /etc/pacman.d🔒 
╰─λ sudo -E pacman -Syy
[sudo] password for user:     
warning: config file /etc/pacman.conf, line 34: directive 'TotalDownload' in section 'options' not recognized.
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core                                  134.1 KiB  85.1 KiB/s 00:02 [------------------------------------] 100%
extra                                1565.1 KiB  1731 KiB/s 00:01 [------------------------------------] 100%
community                               5.6 MiB  3.88 MiB/s 00:01 [------------------------------------] 100%
multilib                              149.6 KiB   599 KiB/s 00:00 [------------------------------------] 100%
chaotic-aur                          1141.0 KiB   420 KiB/s 00:03 [------------------------------------] 100%
blackarch                               3.4 MiB  2.03 MiB/s 00:02 [------------------------------------] 100%
error: blackarch: signature from "Levon 'noptrix' Kayan (BlackArch Developer) <[email protected]>" is invalid
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

I followed with and got:

╭─user@garudabox in /etc/pacman.d🔒 took 7ms
[🔴] × sudo pacman-key --init
warning: config file /etc/pacman.conf, line 34: directive 'TotalDownload' in section 'options' not recognized.

I had a feeling the blackarch edition was a bad idea, but it's been working great in virtual machine for a couple of months. I think I'll just get the regular KDE Dragonized. Just wanted to let someone know.

1 Like

Add all the missing lines from the pacman.conf to pacman.conf.pacnew, except #TotalDownload and also uncomment the needed ones as well. Use Kompare to make it easier. Then replace the old file with the new.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, always nice to see another familiar user join up.

7 Likes

Hahaha!! Nice to see I already have a forum hero around here!! Awesome looking distro here and it’s making quite a ruckus in the arch-based realm. I had to have a look.

Plus, I’ve been in Xfce for 6 years and figured Garuada Dragonized would be be a crash course in Advanced KDE Configurations.

I actually have been wondering why I haven’t been seeing you around lately.

Thanks for the response. I haven’t actually tried the fix yet, but I now see I was mistaken and my repos completed sync. I shouldn’t have made this thread in first place. I did get an error but I mistakenly thought I hadn’t completed syncing, But thanks to your response I can now take care of the Warnings. Thank you…

7 Likes

Nice to see you, Dave. :smiley:

6 Likes

And you as well, @Bro!! I’m suddenly VERY happy to be here!! I’m now wondering who else is here…lol.

You guys kinda disappeared during covid so seeing you here is a relief…

6 Likes

Gotta send a BIG HELLO TO @SGS as well!! I see you lurking there!

6 Likes

I have to, I made it invented :wink:

Ok, together with @librewish :smiley: :slight_smile:

Ok, together with @librewish :smiley: :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Quite a number, including that old reprobate @mandog. :man::dog:

6 Likes

Welcome @arkansawdave74 nice to see you here. :wave:

3 Likes

Well, I want all you guys to know something. I have been very loyal to my 1st OS. I may have tried a lot of Linux in virtual machines over the past 6 years, because I love Linux, but I've only ever put 1 on my hard drive...until now. That should give you guys an idea what I really think of the job you've done, and now that I've joined the forum, I feel all warm inside, like being reunited with old friends you thought you'd never see again. Someone picked my 1st OS for me, and thank goodness for that, because I was headed for Mint, but THIS is the 1st OS, picked by me, I've ever installed to my hard drive. And I'm now sure, it was no mistake.

EDIT: That's nothing against Mint. Quite the contrary. I liked it the most of all I'd tried from persistent live boot USBs.

5 Likes

Picking on me again HA
@arkansawdave74 wellcome here its a good light hearted forum.
Garuder is top notch and the devs are down to earth

6 Likes

I'd like to add, it's strange to see you, @Bro, in this thread without jumping my case. I don't know if you remember, but years ago a guy asked if adding the blackarch repo to manjaro really worked and I told him I had added it without mentioning I had done it in a virtual machine. After a reprimand from you I spent much effort to convince you all that my actual manjaro install only had official repos and I was terrified I was going to be blacklisted as a bad apple. LOLOL. Those were the days!!

4 Likes

Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days - 1968 :smiley:

I don't post the YT link :wink:
Since topic is solved :smiley:

4 Likes

Sorry, Sir. Someone said this was a lighthearted forum. Won't happen again.

1 Like

I didn’t see a problem, it’s just a very old song you reminded me of, with

All fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @SGS , should I change the title since the blackarch repo wasn't broken? It was my mistake.

2 Likes

Sure :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOLOLOL! And here it’s somewhat supported. :wink:

2 Likes

Not only supported, but I’m getting many things from the supported chaotic-aur with pacman (which I know how make use a proxy) and i don’t have to build with makepkg . I am assuming that pkgs from chaotic-aur are a bit more tested than those from the aur. One example is geekbench. So, I’m glad I’m still on blackarch edition.

But either way, I really don’t mind building with makepkg. I only recently learned how after yay was having trouble building cuda-9.0.

1 Like