Battery Life versus Performance

I am running Garuda on a Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga. I am really enjoying learning about Arch (have been on Fedora and Ubuntu for several years).

On another post, I was mentioning battery life and it was suggested that I select "Enable Powersaver Tweaks." When I select that it says there is a conflict with "Enable Performance Tweaks." If I attempt to disable "Enable Performance Tweaks" there seems to be several dependencies that will be removed.

Can I safely disable the performance tweaks without breaking Garuda on my system?

Yes. The idea is choose your preference - battery or performance. :slightly_smiling_face:

As long as you document (to revert if needful) and test changes, you can tweak to your own preferences, from the choices given.

6 Likes

Hi All,
Just to follow up. I did remove the conflicting "Enable Performance Tweaks" and install the "Enable Powersaver Tweaks." I am seeing significant battery improvement without any noticeable performance penalties.
Thanks to the Garuda and Arch teams for an awesome distro!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.