Awesome, over 6000 users on the forum

It grows and grows. Soon it won't be a forum, it'll be a fiveum.

8 Likes

Started using this Operating System a few months ago. Main reason it worked perfectly out of the box with the intel arc a770. It came with Kernel 6.1. etc at the time and it has been working perfectly ever since.

All I can say is I have been having a great experience using it. I have been working with linux for a long time and I am a windows user as well but just couldn't stand putting windows on this new pc.

I also have a mac mini m1 don't really use it but it is a decent machine. Not really an apple guy don't like a company deciding what I can and cannot do with my hardware.

Current pc running Garuda Linux
MB Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master (excellent motherboard)
CPU Core i9-13900k ( have been having a great experience with it as well)
GPU Intel Arc A770 16GB (decided on this because the price with right and I felt I got taken advantage of when I overpaid for a 6800xt)
RAM 64GB DDR5 I think the speed is 5600
SSD Samsung 980pro 2TB and Sabrent 2TB as the second drive both are very good.
Case Corsair 5000x not my first choice I finally did get the case I wanted but will be using it for the next build.
Cooling CPU NZXT Kraken X73 I had to orderr a bracket for the new intel socket but it is an excellent cooler very expensive had it before I purchased the parts for this machine.

So just saying hi I am new to the forms and I have some major health issues going on. A goal for me is every year I make it I will be building a new pc. So I don't know how long I will be on here.

Linux Experience well I have used Garuda Linux, Redhat, Fedora, Ubuntu, Arch, Manjaro way back when I used slackware and I have even tried Gentoo played with that back when I had a bulldozer cpu wanted to see if I could get max performance out of it and for a short time ran pretty well.

Thought about trying to get gentoo to run on a raspberry pi 4 but not really worth the effort at this stage.

That is it take care,
Bob

9 Likes

Thank you for all the support you gave us and this wonderful O.S.

8 Likes

I love to see good news :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :partying_face: :nerd_face: :blush:

8 Likes

I am happy!
Congrats!

Bravi! (Good, clever, fine, capable boys!)

9 Likes

This was a very nice news to see ,
congrats Garuda :_garuda_: :revolving_hearts:
before using garuda forum I didn't thought that a forum is that much awesome place , I made friends , had conversation with lots of good people from each part of globe , it became my main source of knowledge of linux and literally have many memories got attached with this forum ,
never thought that I would get someone who will be always ready to help me like a big brother , so thanks to @Naman

And heartily thanks to all devs for making such a wonderful project and for such a nice place on internet :smile: :heart:

11 Likes

Coming soon: 10K :grin:

7 Likes

Forums, Usenet groups, etc. have always been a partner with Linux, not just Garuda. Linux was born on the 'Net and will always be its creature.

However, for the Garuda Forums to achieve such a current membership, speaks of the developers, owners, and maintainers of Garuda. But it says a lot about adopters of Garuda. Without its users, there would be no need for Garuda or the forums.

There was a Garuda-sized hole in the 'Net until Garuda filled it.
:smiley:

9 Likes

And surely Garuda is going to grow more and more on net in coming future :grin:

5 Likes

There was a Garuda-sized hole in the 'Net until Garuda filled it.

That goes by the same logic as “it’s self-supplying itself”.

1 Like

And for not saying “i use arch btw”

3 Likes

Yay Congratulations!

The support community here has been a massive help. Been my daily drive >2 years for gaming (Steam) and web dev.

Esp thanks to SGS.

9 Likes

Lets goo

6 Likes

Forum is super helpful for most of the issues one faces while moving to Garuda. Just in case it's a unique issue, The support here is very good and responsive and in just a few days, the query can easily be solved!

Great to be a part of this community. Hail Garuda :garuda: (Also I wonder if is it only me or you all also see ":garuda:" instead of garuda emoji!

4 Likes

Glad to be part of the 6000 and more ^^

5 Likes

I wonder who is the 6000th!
Definately not you, though. lolll

5 Likes

Forum glitch apparently, since the emoji is :_garuda_: ( :garuda: ) and the underscores are used for italics, you'll have to spell it :\_garuda_: ( :_garuda_: ).

7 Likes

Hail :_garuda_:, Apparantely it needs to be typed as :\_garuda_: to make it work. Thanks @meanruse.

3 Likes

Recently Moved to Garuda Linux! After buying new laptop. Awesome Experience with Smooth UI of KDE :heart_eyes:
:_garuda_:

7 Likes

Garuda is awesome, I like it.

5 Likes