I want to install Garuda Linux On My Acer Aspire 3. I’m currently Downloading it .I had Problems Installing Linux Os like Ubuntu,Blend,Mint,Arch . Can Anyone Give Me a Step By Step Guide.
No problem, here you go:
- 30 GB storage space
- 4 GB RAM
- Video card with OpenGL 3.3 or better
- 64-bit system
- Boot the PC and press the manufacturer specific key to open your device’s setup utility. Common keys used: Esc, Delete, F1, F2, F9, F10, F11, or F12. Find more common keys and buttons.
- Disable fastboot and secure boot. It may not be possible to disable the latter explicitly - try clearing the secure boot keys instead. Check the manual of your device/motherboard for further info.
- Make sure that your device’s SATA controller is set to AHCI mode in your device’s setup utility. Otherwise, the Linux kernel may not be able to detect your drive.
- If your firmware supports UEFI then configure your device to use UEFI only in its setup utility. UEFI is much preferred over BIOS whenever possible.
- Create a bootable USB using DD/Etcher/Ventoy/Rufus.
- From the setup utility, boot to the usb drive:
You might see separate commands for the same device. For example, you might see UEFI USB Drive and BIOS USB drive. Each command uses the same device and media but boots the PC in a different firmware mode. We recommend to boot the drive in UEFI mode if listed.
- After booting the live media, start the installer and follow the guided installation procedure.
- Dual booting Garuda Linux may lead to unexpected issues! Be aware that the other OS may change the EFI boot priorities on UEFI or overwrite the bootloader on BIOS systems.
- Our distro is optimized for performance on real hardware. Installing in virtual machines is not recommended as it might result in a bad experience! (e.g. setup assistant not working)
- You can follow this video tutorial if you need a more detailed explanation for installing Garuda Linux.
- Try to avoid using Snapd and Flatpack whenever possible. They are considered unsupported.
Live session login details
- Username: garuda
- Password: garuda
I installed it but i received a err called initial ramdisk loading
I can’t boot Garuda in UEFI in my acer aspire 3 . I installed it correctly but I cant boot it . It gives a Loading Initial Ramdisk forever.Help me Please
I also can’t boot
reboot and you can see the grub bootloader, from there boot into the second option then (after entering your password )
Add the parameter to grub, open a terminal, and type the following:
sudo micro /etc/default/grub
- Add the kernel parameter ibt=off to the following line: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT .
- ctrl+q to exit and “Y” to save.
strange cause the above is implemented by default now but this have to work .
I tried both advanced modes but both of them doesn’t work.garuda linux zen gives the initial ram err . recovery stuck at the a start job running for /dev/didk/by-uuid/fb11442c…
what to do
can you reinstall it ? , if yes then chose the proprietary nvidia drivers before the installation start.
and please make sure that fastboot and secure boot is off
Edit : cause you didn’t share what @NaN mention , i think that you don’t have nvidia gpu so if you reinstall it chose the opensource drivers (the first option)
Make sure that your device’s SATA controller is set to AHCI mode in your device’s setup utility. Otherwise, the Linux kernel may not be able to detect your drive.
Please ensure the above.
In future when posting help requests kindly follow the template and provide the out put of
garuda-inxi even if it’s from live ISO it’s acceptable.
i enabled it
Does it works ?
i’m using a aspire 3
I dont have nvidiea
my req are -4gb ram / 1tbhhd/intel uhd grapic in a acer aspire 3 laptop
nop it didint
?? , please be clear , did you reinstall it , or implement the above commands
I tried but didnt work give me a step by step guide
Lets be clear ,
@Tenuka22 , Consider reinstalling the system while (as @NaN mention ) Making sure that your device’s SATA controller is set to AHCI mode in your device’s setup utility. Otherwise, the Linux kernel may not be able to detect your drive.
2- When the purple window appear select the first option .
3 - before installing the system , connect to the internet (and sharing the
garuda-inxi is desirable)
4 - chose everything you need and click install .
5 - reboot the system .
okey i’m gonna try that but why didi i recived that message
while the lack of information given , i can’t say what caused the problem .