A new Garudian here

Hi all, im Óscar, from Spain. Video and photo maker, totally stiched to Linux since years hoping for the indicated moment to do It, since color management and another importante things were not mature some years ago.

Im still in process of adaptation. I distrohoped a lot and over 6 months my environtment has bien always around arch. Im trying to get a fast and productive way to use the graphic interface, so , tired of right against uncompatibilities between libraries, i chosed tiling managers and km working in an effective drag'drop copy'paste mecanism.

I Hope I'll can help anyone with my limitated experience (limitated but for more than 20 years, since my first programs in BASIC, with my sinclair spectrum 48kb RAM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Te regards

PS: someone told than Garuda means "Águila" i spanish and portuguese. This is not true at all, his name is "pigargo" (pigarge), and they are species from the eqgles family.

12 Likes

:slight_smile:

and have fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Nagual78. :wave:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums :wave:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome :grin:

4 Likes

What they :arrow_up: said! :smiley:

Welcome!

2 Likes

What

He

said

Hola Oscar from Spain.

GM

1 Like

Hey no power posting, just kidding. :smiley:

Welcome.

Its all over taxonomy and the origen of species. Im sorry if you are not interested at all in eagles, specialy fisher north-american ones.

If yuo wanna know a simple easy-listenting chill out-curiosity: The white headed eagle, symbol of the nation, is not really an eagle. a cousin, perhaps: que white headed pigarge.

In Spain a fascist military traitor and golpist, imposed a crow on us along 40 years... ((he called it an eagle) XD

ty... sometimes the language suposse a dificult barrier to use metaphors, or puns, trying to keep sense or at least, intiutive.

Sometimes it's just impossible

WArm reggards

Welcome to forums Friend!!! :slight_smile:

=-)

5 Likes

One of the Garuda developers explained to me that in Hindi "Garuda" generally stands for eagle. Unimaginable for a Balinese. A friend would say, "O my Buddha what shell we do? This is Life, we have to accsept". :grinning:. Edit: "Buddha" is in the Indonesian language in general for God, which in turn may happen to the Hindi speakers strange. :grinning:

2 Likes

Ola neighbor :slight_smile: Welcome ! ( I usually visit spain once per year/2 years ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love Eagle’s, but I can’t stand crows. Crows (in groups) will often attack bald Eagle’s in flight around my home. I can’t stand all the noise the crows make in large groups around my home.

I learned an awesome trick to silence or get rid of them when they’re annoying me. Download some recorded sounds of Owls screeching then play it at full volume on your phone. The crows may not be intimidated by Eagle’s, but Owls apperrently terrify them. They scatter immediately when they hear the sounds from an Owl.

4 Likes

We, in Germany, have a problem with ring-necked parakeets. Invasive and aggressive and extremely noisy. towards endemic fauna, but pretty to look at. What helps are to point the loudspeakers outwards and hang my animal sound recordings from Borneo (or Papua Nugini). Immediately calm returns.

2 Likes

well ... I used to ( not anymore ) hate eagles and love dragons.
but this was due to soccer teams :slight_smile:

So I was really torn between "garuda" and "dragonized" ..... :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

C'mon soccer is more of an imaginary sport than Dragons. North Americans know what real football is. It's a sport that doesn't reward bad actors feigning injury when someone gives them a hard stare.

Ha Ha.

3 Likes

Lets not go there :stuck_out_tongue: “football with hands … yeah” :stuck_out_tongue:

( It doesn’t … you feign, you get expelled from the game. That doesn’t stop corruption, though, or some really bad referees )

3 Likes