A Gorgeous KDE Plasma setup

Wow! They're beautiful, @Austin. Somehow you've gotten KDE Plasma looking like GNOME Shell trying to imitate KDE Plasma imitating GNOME Shell. I was not convinced the layout was not GNOME until I saw the plasmoids, applications, and Latte dock. It doesn't look like Plasma at first glance.
:smiley:

6 Likes

Bruh I'm using plasma 5.24.5, For me window buttons theming is not working .. when I try to switch between themes it stays on default plasma theme :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry, I am not currently on KDE, so I can't help much over here.
If you have installed lightly-qt try uninstalling it.
I think it must be a bug, or some tweaking here and there should fix the issue, it's KDE!

1 Like

Latte dock is still working with Plasma 5.27.7!!

I am using Lightly Application Style & Window Decorations (install lightly-qt package).

You can download the latte layout and KDE colour scheme from here.

1 Like

Can I have write permissions to this post?

Thanks @SGS

1 Like

I rewrote the entire post, added new stuff reflecting my current Plasma setup, and replaced the GDrive links with Proton Drive ones.

Enjoy a Simpler and more Gorgeous Plasma Desktop!

:wink:

5 Likes

Proton also has one of the few vpns that run on arch! The GUI for it also works most of the time lol!

2 Likes

Sweetified Plasma with Conky and Variety and some art from Andrei Boravika (thx to Russian TG art channel). I tried to get more transparency out of Conky widget but that 'thin film' setting was the best I could get.

4 Likes

I thought I would make a video on my Plasma 5 setup before the Plasma 6 update comes…

7 Likes

Funny, except for the icons, it’s identical to my setup when I don’t use Garuda.
Pulled the bar up, converted the new bottom bar into a dock (enlarged it), transparent and mostly floating. :grinning:

1 Like

Love these setups. Would love to see some for Gnome too but I am considering trying KDE again soon

2 Likes

Plasma 6 update has arrived!
:tada: :confetti_ball:
Bye-bye, Plasma 5
:cry:

4 Likes

Are you kidding? There will be pkgs, especially AUR & custom widgets left to be ported for a long time to come.

This is usually when I switch back to GNOME, but Plasma 6, even in Testing, has been nearly a joy. :smiley:

5 Likes

https://invent.kde.org/plasma/latte-dock/-/issues/134

I really hope this happens!

I am going to miss latte-dock and my Gorgeous Plasma 5 Setup :smiling_face_with_tear:

Edit:

That’s the power of open-source!

6 Likes