You should load kernel first problem when booting live iso

When i try to boot it returns me that error.
I can acces grub menu and the grub commandline.
Also this happens to me with other distros, i have tryed kde neon, fedora and manjaro.

When flashing the ISO file, make sure that 1. The iso file sha256 matches and 2. You safely eject the USB stick before pulling it out.

3 Likes

Ill check the sha256 but is it ok if i flash it and dont unplug it just leave it there and then boot to it?

If you restart the computer, it can have the same effect as the unsaved removal.
So first remove it safely in the file browser, you can leave the stick plugged in and boot.

1 Like

What methodology/application are you using to flash the ISO(s)?

1 Like

I have tryed etcher and ventoy

Ok now i got a new error message:

mount: /run/miso/sfs/rootfs: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop3, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

dmesg (1) may have more information after failed mount system call.

ERROR: Failed to mount '/dev/loop3" Falling back to interactive prompt

You can try to fix the problem manually, log out when you are finished sh: can't access tty: job control turned off 
[rootfs ]#

Hi @LOSEARDES77, make sure you work through all of these bullet points from the installation page. You will have to boot into your computer’s BIOS menu and change some settings to get the installation to work, for example disabling secure boot and verifying some other settings:

Installation Procedure

• Boot the PC and press the manufacturer specific key to open your device’s setup utility. Common keys used: Esc, Delete, F1, F2, F9, F10, F11, or F12. Find more common keys and buttons.
  • Disable fastboot and secure boot. It may not be possible to disable the latter explicitly - try clearing the secure boot keys instead. Check the manual of your device/motherboard for further info.
  • Make sure that your device’s SATA controller is set to AHCI mode in your device’s setup utility. Otherwise, the Linux kernel may not be able to detect your drive.
  • If your firmware supports UEFI then configure your device to use UEFI only in its setup utility. UEFI is much preferred over BIOS whenever possible.
2 Likes

Yes i have done all thoes steps

Try a different USB storage device.

3 Likes

It worked!
Thank you and everyone who help too!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.