Wifi card won't start after attempting sleep

I’m using the Dr490nized version of Garuda. When my laptop attempts to sleep and/or hibernate the laptop boots up without the wifi card starting. I.e. I close my laptop lid and when I open it, my laptop boots up (so it doesn’t seem to sleep) and I have no wifi.

It does eventually come back after some hours. I’ve changed my settings so my laptop now shuts down after inactivity instead of sleeping, however it seems to happen when my laptop runs out of battery as well.

I’ve tried:
#systemctl start/stop/restart NetworkManager
restarting
reverting to a known working snapshot
rebooting into a different os (wifi card continues to not work when booted in different os)

The wifi card does still show up on lspci -v:

Network controller: MEDIATEK Corp. MT7922 802.11ax PCI Express Wireless Network Adapter
Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. MT7922 802.11ax PCI Express Wireless Network Adapter
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 92, IOMMU group 13
Memory at dda00000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=1M]
Memory at ddb00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32K]
Capabilities:
Kernel driver in use: mt7921e
Kernel modules: mt7921e

Like I said before it does seem to come back after at least 8 hrs of having my laptop shutdown.

Any help is appreciated!

garuda-inxi or it doesn’t count.

4 Likes

I had little faith in the garuda community to begin w/ (which is why I’m loath to post on here) my faith just dropped… ummm what’s missing mate? what can you divine from “garuda-inxi” that’s related to this topic that’s not already given. Let me know and I’ll post it. Otherwise don’t trash a post

pls be explicit since you apparently trust in garuda-inxi and can’t figure anything out w/o it

you don’t add anything by making that post

What does:

find /etc/systemd -type l -exec test -f {} \; -print | awk -F'/' '{ printf ("%-40s | %s\n", $(NF-0), $(NF-1)) }' | sort -f

Show?
What about journal logs while wifi is working and while wifi is not working? Is this a dual boot system? Basic information to have posted so that others can sort through it to possibly help.

poor.impulseControl

1d

I’m using the Dr490nized version of Garuda. When my laptop attempts to sleep and/or hibernate the laptop boots up without the wifi card starting. I.e. I close my laptop lid and when I open it, my laptop boots up (so it doesn’t seem to sleep) and I have no wifi.

It does eventually come back after some hours. I’ve changed my settings so my laptop now shuts down after inactivity instead of sleeping, however it seems to happen when my laptop runs out of battery as well.

I’ve tried:
#systemctl start/stop/restart NetworkManager
restarting
reverting to a known working snapshot
rebooting into a different os (wifi card continues to not work when booted in different os)

The wifi card does still show up on lspci -v:

Network controller: MEDIATEK Corp. MT7922 802.11ax PCI Express Wireless Network Adapter
Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. MT7922 802.11ax PCI Express Wireless Network Adapter
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 92, IOMMU group 13
Memory at dda00000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=1M]
Memory at ddb00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32K]
Capabilities:
Kernel driver in use: mt7921e
Kernel modules: mt7921e

Like I said before it does seem to come back after at least 8 hrs of having my laptop shutdown.

Any help is appreciated!

Closed. The instructions required the terminal output of gauda-inxi which you chose to ignore. So I reminded you.

Since you still have not posted the information we may need to help us help you I have closed this as a topic going nowhere. Should you wish this re-opened please conform to the required output framework.

5 Likes

This type of issue can usually be corrected by writing a systemd suspend service. Search the Garuda networking sub-forum for examples of a working systemd suspend service. I have covered how to correct this issue with a service quite a few times on our forum in the past.

5 Likes