Wi Fi Issue-Cant find my network

I can't find my network until and unless I connect it to another network(by tethering or mobile hotspot) and refresh the mirror lists everytime

Have you done full update of your system?

1 Like

Try

sudo pacman -Syy

Or visit wiki.garudalinux.org

2 Likes

Disconnect from tethering before running the command below.

Please post the output of the following command:

inxi -SMa; hwinfo --netcard --bluetooth | grep -Ei "(hotplug|speed|model|status|cmd|file|detected|driver:)" | grep -v "Config S" && echo "System install date $(head -n1 /var/log/pacman.log | cut -d " " -f1 | cut -c 2-11)" 

Please post only text outputs, no pictures please. All outputs should be posted on the forum as text, (unless there is absolutely no other way of capturing the text). This makes it far easier to get your technical issue resolved.

``` <=here
three backticks before and after command output
``` <=here
5 Likes

For now it worked after a reboot
I'll post this if I have the same problem in the future

2 Likes

Had the same problem again

parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-linux-zen root=UUID=84b27816-d5fb-4711-8273-c05cad34fa6d rw quiet 
           splash rd.udev.log_priority=3 vt.global_cursor_default=0 systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=1 loglevel=3 
           Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.4 tk: Qt 5.15.2 info: latte-dock wm: kwin_x11 dm: SDDM Distro: Garuda Linux 
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: Intel model: DH55PJ v: AAE93812-301 serial: <superuser/root required> BIOS: Intel 
           v: TCIBX10H.86A.0035.2010.0429.1516 date: 04/29/2010 
  Model: "Intel 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection"
  Driver: "e1000e"
  Device File: eno1
  Link detected: no
    Driver Status: e1000e is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe e1000e"
  Model: "Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)"
  Hotplug: USB
  Driver: "btusb"
  Speed: 12 Mbps
    Driver Status: btusb is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe btusb"
  Model: "Realtek RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter"
  Hotplug: USB
  Driver: "r8188eu"
  Device File: wlp0s26u1u2
  Speed: 480 Mbps
  Link detected: no
    Driver Status: r8188eu is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe r8188eu"
System install date (head -n1 /var/log/pacman.log | cut -d   -f1 | cut -c 2-11)

Please do not open multiple technical help requests on the same issue. This is not only redundant, but also causes confusion when more than one thread is open by a user on exactly the same problem.

I also find it ironic that you would take 3 days to post the output I requested, yet you could not wait a full day for a reply on this thread before you opened another thread on this issue.

In the future do not cross post on the forum, as this disrespects all the other forum users and staff. This implies that you seem to think your help requests are more important than other users waiting patiently for someone to respond to their requests for help. On any forum this is considered the same as cutting in at the front of a line, rather than waiting in queue with everyone else.

I have merged your other thread's posts with the earlier one below.

2 Likes

I can't find my wifi network
I use a usb adapter Realtek Semicondutor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n

Not related to the issue but to prevent spawning more issues don't update for one week. Python received a new update and things depending on it must be updated.

1 Like

It is not related to python :sweat_smile:.
If you can connect using ethernet / usb tethering try

sudo pacman -S 8188eu-aircrack-dkms-git
3 Likes

I have the driver installed and it does display other networks not all of them in range(including mine) and i was trying by turning my router on/off and strangely found that the network is displayed when i push the WPS button. I dont know much about this,is there anyway that i can solve this(i cant be pressing WPS button every single time i want to connect)
PS: My ISP uses an ipv4 (static) config

I would search for how to disable MAC address randomization in Network Manager, and then reboot after you've created the required conf file.

Please post:

grep -r "blacklist\|install\|options"  /etc/modprobe.d/ /etc/modules-load.d/ /usr/lib/modprobe.d/ 
3 Likes

My apologies...
The following is the output i got

/etc/modprobe.d/csr-bluetoothdongle.conf:options btusb reset=1 enable_autosuspend=0
/etc/modprobe.d/noime.conf:blacklist mei
/etc/modprobe.d/noime.conf:blacklist mei_me
/usr/lib/modprobe.d/nvdimm-security.conf:install libnvdimm /usr/bin/ndctl load-keys ; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install libnvdimm $CMDLINE_OPTS
/usr/lib/modprobe.d/bluetooth-usb.conf:options btusb reset=1
/usr/lib/modprobe.d/systemd.conf:options bonding max_bonds=0
/usr/lib/modprobe.d/systemd.conf:options dummy numdummies=0

I followed this and created a dedicated config file in conf.d
It's working fine for now..
3 Likes