Why is the ubuntu based partitioning followed?

Oh comeone, Why would I do that? Some arch users told me making something like plasma is called making a. DE and yes I am making it using the parts of arch don't all distros do tbaf? Doesn't garuda do tbat?(not being rude)

What is the difference between an OS and a Distro? Arch Is a os right?

Nah, SGS made it for me awhile back. It reads "Make Arch Great Again."

I :heart: it.

EDIT: Oops! I see @SGS already answered. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Arch is a Linux distribution. I just downloaded the Aug. 1 snapshot.

Garuda is a Linux distribution. With recently released snapshots, right?

The difference between the two, is that Garuda is distribution-centric and Arch is user-centric. You can find what the difference is about by Googling or the Arch Wiki.

Linux. Linux is your Operating System. Not Windows, not whatever Mac uses, and not Chrome OSā€¦and a few others.

regards

4 Likes

Off topic, but since it's moved Garuda Community now I'm little comfortable :grin:

Don't think too much of what someone should call it, distribution, os or whatever. Linux is all about having full control over your device, so you decide what you call it.

So even by just changing a wallpaper make it a new distro :upside_down_face: but don't forget to add a Readme.md:
"Garuda Linux Fork for a new wallpaper" :laughing:

4 Likes

As if Linux is owned. Own up to what you install, somewhat, maybe more so own what you do with it?

Red Hat, yeah, they own that (and Fedora). Rather, their owner has shareholders and they do own it. But so do distributions that issue no shares.

And guess what? The developers of Garuda, they have rights in ownership to it, too. But users canā€™t do much to it without it losing its flavor to the point itā€™s no longer Garuda. Garuda has .skels, you know. :wink:

I dunno. I come from a background that involves making decisions about who owns what rights in real property (not to be confused with real estate), and to what degree. Intellectual rights are similar.

Nobody but you can own what you think, at least not yet. Your thoughts are still your own.

But the only ownership of anything real that is anything of value, are all written down on pieces of paper. And those rights written down, are only given legitimacy by your current ruling government, king, potentate, constitution or what have you. And what they grant, they can take away. Iā€™ve been on that end, too.

Stone walls do not a prison make, but cash pays the bills. And bribes.

Jaded much, am I? Stick around long enough and youā€™ll watch everything change. It always does.

No more Sunday Night Philosopickle, okay?
:smiley:

3 Likes

Owning the device, I mean. Having full control of over your device. As long as itā€™s local in your computer you can do whatever you want with it - this is what I meant. Not like owning copyright or something like that, :grin:

Edit: edited that post now.

4 Likes

What makes you think I would copy garuda? Use the skel directory

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.