Which package has UPD?

My oldest install doesn't have the 'upd' script, and I can't find which package contains it. Three letter searches sure bring up a lot of results :grin:

Por favor!

upd is just an alias. As far as I know it's still not a package :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Ah! That explains the search fail.

Gracías!

1 Like
alias upd='sudo reflector --country Germany --latest 5 --age 2 --fastest 5 --protocol https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && cat /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && sudo pacman -Syu'
5 Likes

This is included in garuda-fish-config, the settings package. Here it can be found in /etc/skel/.config/fish/config.fish.

5 Likes

Gracías @SGS y @dr460nf1r3!

Though I don't have those files since this install predates Garuda's adopting of fish. :blush:

4 Likes

I installed just the fish package but that just provides vanilla settings.

Would it be possible to provide the config.fish here? I'm on an old KDE Lite install from AUg 2020, and don't want to install the garuda-dr460nized settings packge if it's going to affect my current KDE Lite setup (will it? if not then I'll install it).

3 Likes

Howdy @wongs. :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks, I should of course have realised that it would be in some gitlab page. I'm getting rather forgetful and overlooking obvious stuff, like doing -Syyu after refreshing mirrorlist that day.

4 Likes

It sucks getting old my friend.

On the bright side we've forgotten more about Linux than most people will ever know. :wink:

6 Likes

Nah, I’m no Linux expert, just an enthusiast who has garnered some experience through long use.

I simply know some search-fu and follow instructions. No time to get super deep with a particular distro, when I have my multibooting compulsion. [jack of all trades, master of none?]

4 Likes

I think you are being overly modest, but have it your way if you wish. :smiley:

2 Likes

@wongs is one of the hardest working people; this I know from experience. And very modest.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.