Whether there is sound when broadcasting in discord on Garuda and how it interacts with games

Hi everyone. I want to install Garuda as the main OS, but before installing it, I want to ask users of this OS a couple of questions.

1. If you are sitting in a discord, how are you doing with the sound broadcast? That is, you want to watch a movie with a friend and turn on the screen broadcast. Will there be sound?
  2. Linux gaming. I don't often play games, but I would still like to know how much Garuda is optimized. I previously sat on Manjaro and there were a lot of problems with Genshin Impact and similar games.
    I hope I didn't ■■■■ you up with my questions. Thanks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Привет всем. Хочу поставить Garuda как основное ОС, но прежде чем устанавливать, хочу спросить у пользователей данной ОС пару вопросов.
  3. Если вы сидите в дискорде то как у вас поживает трансляция звука? То есть, вы хотите посмотреть фильм с другом и включаете трансляцию экрана. Будет ли там звук?
  4. Линукс гейминг. Я не часто играю в игры, но все же хотелось бы узнать, насколько Garuda оптимизирован. Я ранее сидел на Manjaro и там много проблем возникло с Genshin Impact и подобных игр.
    Надеюсь, что не заебал вас своими вопросами. Спасибо.

On the gaming side garuda is as good or better then pop os…I play ton of steam games and world of Warcraft and overwatch in lutris no problems whatsoever…

And even on a optimus laptop

But Genshin Impact is going be a problem no matter what distro…because it uses an anti cheat

2 Likes

and what about discord? 1. If you are sitting in a discord, how are you doing with the sound broadcast? That is, you want to watch a movie with a friend and turn on the screen broadcast. Will there be sound?

Honestly don't use discord much...my guild uses mumble...we weird don't judge us lol....but when I do use discord to talk have no issues..but no clue on the broadcasting/streaming thru discord

3 Likes

try to turn on the movie through the broadcast, can the interlocutor hear the sound of the broadcast \ movie?

Hey, youre one of the people who dont go with the mass. I like that! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why not try it and find out?

1 Like

I reinstalled systems from Windows to Linux 12 times, almost everyone had this problem, I just ■■■■■■ up and I'll forgive you to sprom, and then put it with confidence

You can test it in the live environment without installing the OS to your disk.

(Also, Discord is third-party software, so if it doesn't work you should probably contact the Discord developers.)

3 Likes

Ok,im trying.

Привет, комрад. Дискорд на линуксе действительно не стримит звук на трансляциях и эту функцию уже давно просили добавить. Ждем, но пока не появилось. Но если не принципиально какую именно программу использовать, то можно пользоваться Mumble, Jami, Jitsi, Zulip. Они все с открытыми исходниками и вроде как могут стримить экран со звуком. Ещё можно попробовать использовать перенаправление звука с наушников в микрофон через ALSA/Pulseaudio, но для этого нужно знать что ты делаешь и как, и вообще сложна. Genshin Impact к несчастью тоже на линуксе не работает из-за античита, который Wine пока не научился правильно распознавать. Это частая проблема с играми где есть античит, и пока кто-то не додумается до какого-то хитрого реверс-инжениринга эти игры, похоже, не заработают.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Hi comrade. Discord on Linux sadly doesn’t stream sound on streams and this functionality was requested a long time ago. We wait, but there is nothing so far. But if it’s not critical what exact program to use, you can use Mumble, Jami, Jitsi, Zulip. They are all open source and seem to have the ability to stream with sound. Another possibility is trying to redirect sound from your headphones to your mic through ALSA/Pulseaudio, but in order for this to work out you need to know what you are doing and how and overall - it’s haard. Genshin Impact sadly doesn’t work on Linux because of anticheat, which Wine is unable to recognize as of now. That’s a frequent problem with games that have anticheat, and until somebody will discover a tricky way to reverse-engineer these games, they will not work, probably.

3 Likes

I use zoom or telegram (For chat) :grinning:

А, забудь про античит. Вот три недавних видоса с удачной установкой Genshin Impact
Ah, nevermind. Here are three videos on how to install Genshin Impact.

О.Слушай комрад, у тебя на гаруде при установке инет не сбивался? У меня просто он резко снизил производительность. Как ты решил проблему?

Попробуй вручную установить подходящие драйвера. lspci -v показывает какие устройства обнаружены и какие дрова используются, там должна быть твоя сетевая карта и если есть какие-то альтернативные (погугли, это не сложно) то попробуй поставить их. Мне помогло

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.