What's your taste in music? 🎼

Mazzy Star - Flowers in December
3 Likes

Better to turn your volume down :}
Distortion and feedback, Hardcore punk. I'm into.

3 Likes

Read the headline :wink:
What's your taste in music?

No offense, taste differ. :slight_smile:

Oh, I remember that tone. It is same when my grandfather's old radio lost connection :wink:

I like electric guitar but this is a way too much. But off course such music is much famous in many parts of world, especially Europe. Tastes differ a lot.

2 Likes

Haha! actually the first band playing this way was from Japan, inspired by a band from UK.

2 Likes

I work in the music industry (not lately since Covid unfortunately), but growing up I was very much into rock music. Lately I have come to appreciate the classics, and progressive music, and I find this post interesting being on this forum, and here's why.

I've just discovered the Garuda distro a few days ago and I fell in love, and was wondering why I like it so much. Well, I have a fondness for what is known as 80's Synthwave/Retrowave/Outrun. So, this distro totally falls in line with that genre and I really dig it, I think it's funny how the music and Garuda relate artistically!

5 Likes

Q: What's my taste in music?
A: Live.

Just about any small stage live act as long as it isn't painfully loud. In that regard, I probably like balladeers, story-tellers, etc. including bluegrass, best, but anything will do.

My wife and I managed The Alaskan Hotel & Bar in Juneau, Alaska for three years but were long term habitués of same. The Bar featured live music afternoons and evenings during the cruise ship season. Thursday nights were always reserved for Open Mic. Weekend nights brought acts from all over the U.S. and it also was not uncommon for some yacht-owning musical super stars to drop by for an impromptu session. I've had the pleasure of meeting several in person.

But give me an Open Mic night, give me people with guts enough to come up on stage to either punish or pleasure the ears of their listeners. And give me the small bands that tour year-round. Trust me, they're not in it for the money--most have day jobs. It's been my pleasure to listen to them--even moreso than the "professional" acts.

Give me any music--but make mine Live.

7 Likes

EDM 100% EDM yea

I love music from all over the Indonesian archipelago.
Jungle experiments (electrified original instruments), Gamelan (Rindik, I play myself), Lagu Pop, Ska, Jazz, Streetpunk ... and Gabber Modus Operandi -> Gabber Modus Operandi | Nyege Nyege Festival: Day 2 - YouTube please just listen out loud!

4 Likes

Brad Gillis was the original replacement for Ozzy's first guitarist Randy Rhoads ... who passed in an airplane accident while on the Diary of a Madman tour.

3 Likes

Wow--those folks know how to rock-out-loud! :smiley:

1 Like

bama4ever

3 Likes

What's your taste in music?

Anything that I think is good - any era/decade from '20's and on, classics - esp J.S. Bach, the Strauss brothers, Mozart et al, through rave, techno and...Rammstein is awesome - Sonne.

It's just what you like surely? I know I have some strange stuff too - Ray Stevens, The Streak :rofl: Banana Splits, The Wombles (from childhood) Travelling Wilburys...I'll stop. (too much to list)

2 Likes

lol I listen to just about everything just on a Yelawolf nostalgia trip back when I was a kid also Rammstein is the shit love them can't understand a word they are saying but love it!

2 Likes

I hear a few devs/team members could help there - and their English is better than mine :blush:

2 Likes

yeah I bet but you're perfectly fine I tried to take German but stopped because of school. I literally only know that razer edge of the basic stuff lol

1 Like

Metallica is one my favorites I like too!

3 Likes

bam,

The first time I saw Metallica in concert, they opened for Ozzy Osbourne. The Ultimate Sin tour (Metallica's album Master of Puppets). Bassist Cliff Burton lost his life in a tour bus accident toward the end of that tour, or so.

I recall a pretty rough & rowdy crowd ... in retrospect, typical of that time period.

GM

2 Likes

Another really good artist I listen to

2 Likes

Melanie Safka, Ruby Tuesday

2 Likes