What is the root password, i not set in installation time

hey i install garuda xfce version, i want to some work in my root directory, i am not set any password in installation time and when i do root login then ask root password, i already say i not set any password so i empty and proceed process but my root is not open here is reply from konsole
[sudo] password for vivek:
sudo: root: command not found
i write this command in default konsole that inbuilt provided to garuda xfce

idk if u have done this so here we go:

sudo -i (to get into a root shell, so u put ur own password)

passwd root (u can change the password from the user root, since ur in a super user access)

after this, i think u will be good to go and log in

1 Like

hey i got login to sudo -i but password is not 'root' when i mention root as password then reply to konsole

╭─[email protected] in ~ took 92ms
╰─λ sudo -i
Sorry, try again.
Sorry, try again.

but when i not mention any password just empty and then press enter then root loged in see in below :point_down:

╭─[email protected] in ~ took 92ms
╰─λ sudo -i
[[email protected] ~]#

thank you for your help your reply help me

1 Like

Don't forget

passwd

Command to change password.

1 Like

This is a recipe for disaster, not long away.
You are being marked for a self-destructing user, so we 'll know when you ask for help on your broken system!
I wish you luck! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I mark-it-solved !

The correct post.

-i, --login
                 Run the shell specified by the target user's password database entry as a login shell.  This means that login-specific resource files such as .profile, .bash_profile or .login will be read by the shell.  If a com‐
                 mand is specified, it is passed to the shell for execution via the shell's -c option.  If no command is specified, an interactive shell is executed.  sudo attempts to change to that user's home directory before
                 running the shell.  The command is run with an environment similar to the one a user would receive at log in.  Note that most shells behave differently when a command is specified as compared to an interactive
                 session; consult the shell's manual for details.  The Command environment section in the sudoers(5) manual documents how the -i option affects the environment in which a command is run when the sudoers policy is
                 in use.
2 Likes