Waiting for 1 module(s). (xxx second(s))

Yeah, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are the free driver.

1 Like

First of all thingsโ€ฆI somehow made a mistake while booting live usbโ€ฆI probably chose boot with nvidia drivers by mistake and that lead to driver=nonfree output from

inxi -Fza

So when I had driver=nonfree I was getting waiting for 1 module(s) for around 8 minutes and after that I got a message stating that

The computer does not satisfy some of the recommended requirements for installing garuda soaring. Installation can continue, but some features might be disabled.

When I booted again with open source drivers and checked again, I got driver=free and It was still showing Wating for 1 module(s) for almost 10 minutes. But this time I got normal installer window to choose keyboard and I could proceed normally and was able to install garuda linux.
So probably there might be something wrong with calamares in recognizing the module because 10 minutes is too much.
Note : I had internet on all along
Thankyou

2 Likes

Data transmission can vary greatly here and there around the world; in any case, it is not due to calamares.
I have never had to wait this long in the last three years and I have used calamares very, very, very .... often.

It's very nice that it worked for you after all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

might be data transmission issue....cannot be so sure though why it took so much time....internet speed is not an issue that I can assure.....
@SGS Thanks for being patient and kind throughout. Not like the other member from garuda team @petsam who was more focused on making fun.

1 Like

It is not due to your available download speed if the packets are distributed slowly by the server or are stuck in a traffic jam, then it just takes time.

As for @petsam, he's absolutely right, we are a team offering free support in our spare time.
When "demands" come from users who are in a hurry, I understand him very well. :smiley:

1 Like

What bad is there having fun? No destruction was due, or caused by fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Life is too short to keep all things serious. :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.