Very sad passing of @jonathon

oh dear God...
take the soul of our fallen brethren into your loving embrace, may he live at Your side for all eternity.

:latin_cross:

9 Likes

The Arch Linux announcement regarding Jonathon's has been posted today:

https://archlinux.org/news/in-memory-of-jonathon-fernyhough/

14 Likes

I am very sad to know about it.
May your soul rest in peace
I am very grateful to Jonathon for guidance.
You will always be remembered.
Thank you for everything.

14 Likes

I'm rather shocked - I noticed that he had been 'quiet' for a few months, but I would never have imagined this.

He had a nice way of dealing with issues - rather than supplying copy/paste solutions he helped people learn to solve problems.

Thank you for sharing the picture - I never knew he was bald, red-headed, or young - but I will always remember the way he handled himself in the forums, how he encouraged better behaviour in other people.
Thank you for dropping in to fill in the blanks.

11 Likes

RIP jonathon my friend, you will be missed by all sites!

11 Likes

Thomas posted a link on another forum (Jonathon passed away - #61 by Thomasf - Announcements and news - EndeavourOS) for a memorial website set up for Jonathon, where information about arrangements can be found. The website has a space where a message or other contributions to Jonathon's memory can be left.

11 Likes

Even we try to forget some peoples but they are not forgatable , @jonathon was one of them ...
We are going to remember him always

Rest in peace @jonathon
:rose:

11 Likes

Thanks for posting the above link to leave a memorial message @BluishHumility.

Just FYI the site requires a quick registration. Apperrently this site doesn’t like Gmail addresses, so use a temporary email address from one of the anonymous email services to register.

5 Likes

Just found out about this right now (that’s what I get for not visiting the forums enough). I’m absolutely gutted :sob:

You’re a top bloke @jonathon and will be sorely missed mate.

10 Likes

Long time no see @Yorper, good to have you back. Sadly, not the topic I'd want to chat about with you after not seeing you for so long. Gut-wrenching for sure, and I still can't believe he's gone.

He was the one person I always turned to for solid level headed advice. He knew exactly how to distill a conundrum down to the basics, and always provided an answer that was 100% solid. I miss being able turn to him as he was one of the great ones.

Just so sad to see him gone.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.