A while ago I had to reinstall my system due to heavy filesystem corruption. When I started to reinstall all my software and restore all my configurations I faced an issue with my snapper configuration.
Snapper would refuse to create a new config for my previous
@home subvolume (that luckily did not suffer from any corruption), because the
.snapper directory already existed.
This is what I did to get it working in the end:
/etc/snapper/config-templates/garudaand copy it to
/etc/snapper/configsand rename it to something that makes sense, like in my case
- Edit the config to point at the correct subvolume (
- Add the filename of your config to
/etc/conf.d/snapper. This is how it looks with both of my subvolumes:
If you forget the last step, snapper will just delete the config that you created. Any further configuration can now be done from within the
Hope this helps!