Unable to load nvidia driver

I would challenge you to provide one example of any Garuda team member claiming that Garuda is intended for complete Linux newbies.

Most anyone involved with the Garuda project would likely say that an Arch based distro is not the best way to attempt to learn Linux. A better place for a Linux newcomer to begin learning Linux would be distros such as Ubuntu or Mint.

That is not to say that complete Linux newbies are incapable of learning Arch with no prior experience. Rather, simply that there is a much steeper learning curve to Arch than most Linux newbies are prepared for. Users attempting to jump in at the deep end of the Linux pool (Arch) must be prepared to expend a lot of effort to learn on their own. Otherwise, they will likely be unsatified with an Arch based distro in the long run.

I’m not sure why you would think EOS would be a better place to learn Linux, rather than Garuda. EOS is a terminal centric distro, and if anything is even less intended for beginners. I say this because the terminal is not exactly something newbies are all that comfortable with using. That comment is not intended to be a knock against EOS, as EOS is also a great Arch based distro. However, any Arch based distro is likely more suitable to intermediate/advanced Linux users, (not complete Linux newbies).

I just thought I’d clarify some misconceptions often spread by YouTube reviewers claiming Garuda is intended for users fresh off the Windows boat, (with no Linux experience). While Garuda attempts to make Arch easier, it is in no way suitable for users with no desire to learn how Arch actually works. Any user that wants to simply install an OS and forget about it would be far better starting their Linux journey with a static distro such as Linux Mint.

8 Likes