Unable to Boot Back Into Snapshot of System After Issue With Grub

My version is also 1.6.3, and when i launch it from the terminal using "btrfs-assistant-launcher," the output is the same as before.

╭─jeremy@Desktop in ~
 ╰─λ btrfs-assistant
kf.windowsystem: Could not find any platform plugin

╭─jeremy@Desktop in ~ took 1s
[🔴] × sudo btrfs-assistant
[sudo] password for jeremy:
Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

/usr/bin/btrfs-assistant: line 42:  6425 Aborted                 (core dumped) btrfs-assistant-bin ${params}

╭─jeremy@Desktop in ~ took 3s
[⚡] × sudo btrfs-assistant-bin

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

fish: Job 1, 'sudo btrfs-assistant-bin' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)

Launching from the NWG menu throws a polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 pop-up box, but after authenticating nothing happens.

You launched it every conceivable way except the one I actually recommended. :wink:

:laughing: Sorry about that, I missed that somehow!

[⚡] × btrfs-assistant-launcher

/usr/bin/btrfs-assistant: line 42: 109737 Aborted                 (core dumped) btrfs-assistant-bin ${params}

Launching it this way also throws a polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 pop-up window, but then fails.

1 Like

I guess I will have to test it again when I get a free minute.

It was working in sway.

All the launchers are utterly broken on wayland, try sudo -E btrfs-assistant (= Run the non-launcher version via sudo)

This is the only way I know about to get this to work

Note: PKExec will not work.

There is one pkexec that may work.

/usr/lib/garuda/pkexec-gui btrfs-assistant

1 Like

You are right TNE, that does work--although interestingly it runs without theming:

For reference, sudo -E btrfs-assistant-bin applies a theme and adds transparency as well.

I guess that would be thanks to the -E flag?

This kind of reminds me of way back in March when we were first hacking around on this Sway/Btrfs Assistant thing: Btrfs Assistant 1.0 is nearly here - #28 by BluishHumility

pkexec-gui does not apply the home variable, on purpose even. If your theme is applied on the root user, it will show here too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.