Unable to access MS Teams on Garuda Linux FireDragon Browser

Dear Garuda Linux Forum -

I hope you are all well today.

I am writing to ask for support on how I am able to add the following sites to allowed third-party sites:

[*.]microsoft.com
[*.]microsoftonline.com
[*.]teams.skype.com
[*.]teams.microsoft.com
[*.]sfbassets.com
[*.]skypeforbusiness.com

The goal/objective is to be able to use MS Teams on the FireDragon Browser. I use MS Teams for my university as collaboration tool. I am following this article of Microsoft, but it does not have any browser guidance for FireFox or FireDragon: Microsoft Teams is stuck in a login loop in Edge, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome

Background: I have used Red Hat Linux way back in 2002, and got interested in using Linux OS again thanks to the YouTube video I watched regarding the Garuda Distro (thanks to Linux Tex)

I recently switched from Windows 10 to Garuda Linux (24 hours ago), and have done ok so far in installing the OS on my own, adding software/packages and setting up FireDragon except for this part.

I tried searching already on Garuda Linux forum and Whoogle, but no results point me to adding sites to accept 3rd Party Cookies.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you very much for your time in advance.

1 Like

Can't delete it, so I'll just share what I did in case someone needs it in the future:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy & Security
  2. Under Cookies & Site Data, click on Manage Exceptions button
  3. Start pasting the websites that MS Teams requires, but remove the "[*]", as FireFox/FireDragon does not accept it.
  4. Click on Save Changes
  5. Restart the browser to be sure

*Tested Working 12-July-2021 9:20 PM GMT+8

5 Likes

That was the right thing to do, nothing worse than people posting "nvm, found it" without explaining what has to be done :laughing:

And also welcome to the forum :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you, I actually typed nvm theme, then deleted it.. couldn't delete the original post, so figured I'd save my clone in the future. :rofl: Thanks for the welcome @dr460nf1r3

If you have Linux pages that you read & frequented when you were still starting off on using Linux, please do share with me. Need to study up, as I think studying to use this OS is very fulfilling.

I started only reading:

1 Like

There might be many interesting and useful sources, but, being Garuda Linux Arch-based, I think the main/initial reference (when you look for a specific topic, maybe not for general "stuidy") should always be:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/

6 Likes

linuxjourney.com is also a nice ressource for getting basic information about how things work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you ver ymuch @filo and @dr460nf1r3 . Bookmarked those links already! Love this Distro! My personal laptop used to boot up in 4 minutes on Win10, but now on Garuda Linux, it turns on in seconds like a MacBook!

3 Likes

Just as another option, there's a dedicated Teams application available too (AUR (en) - teams).

5 Likes
λ pacman -Ss teams | rg Micro
chaotic-aur/teams 1.4.00.13653-1 
Microsoft Teams for Linux is your chat-centered workspace in Office 365

:wink:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.