Symbolic link err

Greetings all!

1. whenever I do sudo pacman -Syu I get this error at the end of completion :
>call to execv failed (Too many levels of symbolic links)
>error: command failed to execute correctly
  1. There is another Symbolic link err that i keep getting :
>(35/43) Checking which packages need to be rebuilt
>/usr/bin/checkrebuild: /usr/bin/parallel: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Too many >levels of symbolic link

I searched the forum as well as other websites but with no particular answers. They have different question relating to the same topic.
Please help, Thanks i advance.

Do you see this only at the end of completion or also during the pacman -Syu execution?
In the latter case, maybe this could give an hint on something missing and you could try to re-install it?
No idea for the second problem, but maybe they are related…

1 Like

I keep getting both the errors at the end of completion of sudo pacman -Syu
But because of the second err i cannot even install other programs now. It has become a menace.

For e.g. I have installed arduino , it gives me this whenever i execute arduino

> /usr/bin/arduino: /usr/share/arduino/arduino: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: No such
> file or directory
> /usr/bin/arduino: line 3: /usr/share/arduino/arduino: Success

We'll need someone more experienced here, sorry.
In the meanwhile:

• If this issue is recent, you could try restoring the latest snapshot
  • in this example, you could try to see if you can reinstall it with sudo pacman -S arduino or sudo pacman -Syu arduino but I guess this is a general problem
2 Likes

Got the ans ;

[SOLVED] /usr/bin/env: No such file or directory / Newbie Corner / Arch Linux Forums

pacman -Syu coreutils

2 Likes

In this case it might be worth to ask "why did this happen"? Coreutils are a quite basic part of the system, changing it might (and will most likely) result in a broken system :thinking:

6 Likes

Actually due to the too many symbolic link err I had deleted /usr/bin/env.
After this it started giving bad interpreter ; no such file or directory
Than I pacman -Syu coreutils and the thing started working!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.