Sweet-gtk-theme-dark and sweet-theme-dark are in conflict

Hello, today in the morning when I tried to update my system this error occurred

glitch
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace sweet-theme-dark with chaotic-aur/sweet-gtk-theme-dark? [Y/n] n
warning: zoom: local (5.6.16888.0424-1) is newer than chaotic-aur (5.6.4-1)
resolving dependencies...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/zoom-5.6.16888.0424-1/desc: No such file or directory
looking for conflicting packages...
:: sweet-gtk-theme-dark and sweet-theme-dark are in conflict. Remove sweet-theme-dark? [y/N] n
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: sweet-gtk-theme-dark and sweet-theme-dark are in conflict

Firstly I replaced the theme but then the icons were looking too basic and I don't want to use them, I don't want to switch my theme to sweet-gtk-theme-dark because it's too basic. So is there a way to have sweet-theme-dark instead of sweet-gtk-theme-dark and removing the gtk version so that they don't conflict.

I see in my pacman.log I installed sweet-gtk-theme-dark yesterday, removing of course sweet-theme-dark, with no side effects on the icons.
Maybe you could try using the "Apply new configs / Restore defaults configs" button in the Garuda Assistant

1 Like

Type Y to proceed

5 Likes

Ops... I thought the OP already did it, since I read "Firstly I replaced the theme", so I assumed the first time he answered No and a second time Yes... :blush:

You’ll need to fix this. See:

As already said, say “Yes”.

3 Likes

yup u are right

after proceeding the icons are changing I used time shift to get back

What does this mean? It seems unrelated to the package conflict?

1 Like

But as far as I understand, sweet-gtk-theme-dark has replaced sweet-theme-dark, so you have to accept the switch, otherwise, you'd continue to use a no more maintained theme, I guess.

2 Likes

oh ok will have to go with the change to stay updated

Actually, zoom needs gtk icon theme to work, I deleted zoom but gtk theme was still left and was conflicting with the main theme after deleting all the files related to zoom it got sorted

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.