1: Remove Alacrity and use
- Pamac for installing packages
- Built-in terminal from Desktop enviroment for script setup
Reason: When setup fail (setup-assistant, garuda-gamers, garuda-settings), the alacrity will quit with success status (despite no change to the system) or will just out right quit. And it is really unnecessary when you already include pamac and the DE probably include its own terminal.
2: Remove game packages and retroarch
Reason: This will reduce the amount of data needed to download. Not everyone want to play console / linux games or people who have low download speed. And I DO NOT want to spend 3 hours to update 0ad game again.
3: Dont install applications that do nothing on installed machine
Reason: Not every laptop / PC that have RGB lights or RGB Keyboard flare or play game using controller.
4: Dont include multiple game launcher that does exactly the same thing
GameHub and Lutris do the same thing
Heroic Game Launcher and Legendary (RARE) do the same thing
5: Change setup-assistant so its friendlier to use
- Why multiple windows when you can combine it into a single screen like Manjaro Setup Assistance or split it into tab like modern web browser.
- Currently, if the setup-assistant fail in any of the selected package then whole setup will fail and user have to run it again and have to reselect packages (missing dependencies / optional dependencies) again which is STUPID.
- Each selection should be run separately and subsequently using pamac so if there a problem with the selected packages (and or dependencies) then it wont cause entire installation chain to fail and user will have properly information and ways to deal with the errors compare to alacrity which is nothing except rerun the script and hope its success - very confusing for casual users.