Stuck on Setup Assistant

Just done a clean install of garuda dragonized gaming version and after booting up my computer the Setup Assistant showed up and I proceeded with it to update whatever it needed to update but its been about a hour and its stuck updating the GRUB bootloader with the last thing the terminal displayed being "Warning: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions. Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries." What should I do now? Also on another note I am dual booting garuda with fast and secure boot options both disabled, the other OS I am running is Windows 10.

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
I don't know if this will help you, but in the past my os-prober started to hang, and I eventually solved the problem by mounting the other partition (first I tried it manually, then via fstab), which wasn't Windows anyway, about which I don't know.
So, you can close the setup Assistant, reboot for the updates to be effettive, try mounting the Windows partition (for a quick test even opening the relevant folder with Dolphin would be enough) and from terminal give a

sudo update-grub

If it doesn't work, you'll have to provide some basic information, like your garuda-inxi, that you forgot, required by the template and some disk information

sudo fdisk -l
lsblk -f

Please consider anyway that dual booting is not officially supported.

5 Likes