Steam crashing while starting

Hey there,
I am currently trying to run steam, but it's always crashing after the startup-loading.
The log: PrivateBin
The coredump: PrivateBin
^ This is mostly weirdly encoded gibberish (Luckily Kate knows, what it is - if not: ISO- should work).

What I have tried so far:

• Reinstall Steam
  • Install Steam native
  • Try a new Steam "profile"
  • install lib32-llvm
  • Reinstall mesa and lib32-mesa
  • sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libLLVM-12.0.0.so /usr/lib32/dri/libLLVM-12.so

(Edit:)

inxi -axxxxx
CPU: 6-Core AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 4034/2200/3600 MHz Kernel: 5.12.11-zen1-1-zen x86_64 Up: 1h 51m 
Mem: 6470.7/32117.4 MiB (20.1%) Storage: 2.96 TiB (32.9% used) Procs: 385 Shell: fish 3.2.2 inxi: 3.3.04 

I am out of Ideas now, and I don't know, what to do anymore, I hope some of you can help me.
Thanks!

I have no idea what tricks you gamers use to make Steam work (not even why anyone uses a PC to play games), but I find this path in the logs interesting:

/run/media/maus/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdbusmenu-glib.so.4.0.13

Another clue is a problem loading (properly?) the video driver (radeonsi).

Maybe double-check your video drivers setup?

Do not forget to undo such destructive hacks, after they fail to work.

1 Like

Try running steam-runtime --reset
Source: Steam/Troubleshooting - ArchWiki

2 Likes

Hi Brother Firstly Uninstall Steam Then restart the computer and install the cpu optimus program here you can solve the problem by trying amd and cpu operations in the options I wish you a good forum :slight_smile:
FOOTNOTE:) Also, there may be a compilation problem in important packages where you downloaded Steam :slight_smile: :+1:

That didn't help sadly...

I am so "happy":

2 Likes

I'm glad the problem is solved :slight_smile: Version Compilation Error :slight_smile: :+1:
FOOTNOTE:) Also, there may be a compilation problem in important packages where you downloaded Steam

Welp, wasn't a solution for me, as I don't have a ... /config/config.vdf
rip

1 Like

I have no idea what tricks you gamers use to make Steam work (not even why anyone uses a PC to play games), but I find this path in the logs interesting:

What is so interesting about that path?
Also I am not that type of gamer, that does some weird and hacky stuff in the system files, unless I am trying to get something to work lol
Usually steam works perfectly - it has native support for linux unlike most other platforms.
I have never changed my drivers on AMD - Just today, I tried the AMDGPU PRO drivers in the hopes of fixing some of the errors, but no.

After trying out random stuff, it turned out, that I was using the 13 (git) version of the lib32-llvm-libs instead of the 12 (Stable version)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.