Start button issue

Win Key works with Latte Dock but it doesn't with normal KDE Desktop. I understand it has been disabled but how to make it work on KDE Desktop not Latte Dock

You must ask KDE developer. Super key and F1 ??

Seems it is a feature by latte dock and @ psifidotos :smiley:

But I can also be wrong :smiley:

All in all, I hope you mean to reach the launcher by super key allone.

If not, you must give more details by your problem :slight_smile: and use the git issue by KDE Plasma.

What do you mean? What are you expecting that key to do?

Yes, I mean I can't bring the KDE Plasma Application Launcher (Menu) with the Windows key on the keyboard as it should

Right-click, "Configure Application Launcher". Keyboard shotcuts and then set the shortcut to Alt+F1

IIRC is alt + F1 standard in KDE if you like only M$ key to open launcher use latte dock :wink:

I know it isn't the most intuitive thing in the world, but if you set it to Alt+F1, it will open with the Win/Super key.

1 Like

Dos not work for me but give it a try, off course.

I am not sure why it isn't working for you. It works fine on all my machines.

I have this poltergeist in all my PC's
When I have updates that prevent the restart, others have no problems and vice versa.

If there is a KDE update, the one-button function for the launcher is defective. I have to activate it via latte dock.

If latte dock is inactive only super or alt F1 works but never only M$ key.

Just occurred to me, can it be that you have to reboot?
How so often with KDE?
I don't think I did that at the time.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

Not working for me either

Did you logout and back in?

images

2 Likes

Disable it from Latte, right click Dock..., Configure Latte..., disable, Press Meta to show application launcher.

It will work afterwards with Plasma

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.