SSH errors

Humm, I’m sorry if I am late. But I suddenly feel scared cause my main nginx load balancer running ubuntu 22.04 has started giving me this error. I am the only one who setup the infrastructure and have contributed to the refactoring and redeploying of the code base. I was the once who insisted team to refactor the codebase. Now it is as intended by us. We have no down time and we are good on customers with this new codebase and deployment. Today suddenly when I logged in to the server for routine maintainance and monitoring. I see this error in the terminal of the main load balancer. Other servers are running okay and good cause they are still not giving any errors and are running the pm2 process which is actively responding to requests. I want to know if there is anything that I can do to fix this error. I tried checking the ./bashrc file I see no difference between those of servers and load balancer. What should I do next? I have no issues but what happens if there’s a sudden downtime cause of unknown issues?

Please don’t necrobump old posts. Open a new help request for your issues, currently I have done that. One issue per thread. Also follow the Issues & Assistance posting template by providing us the output of garuda-inxi. Copy paste the exact contents of error messages and all relevant logs you can post pertaining the issue.

One such would be connecting to the server via

ssh -vvv <uname>@<ip-add.>

the -vvv can provide a lot of details while connecting to the server that can be helpful in understanding what is happening.

In accordance with the thread you posted in I would also suggest searching the

/etc/environment
~/.bash_profile
/etc/profile

files as well. Since they too are responsible for setting up environment variables.

1 Like

Please Ask Ubuntu.

This forum is for Garuda, an Arch Linux-based OS. Very far away from Ubuntu!

No reason to get excited, this simply means the server you connected to doesn’t have terminal info for Alacritty (or whatever terminal you connected to it with). It is not an indication of any problem with the server.

If you are planning on connecting to this server with Alacrity on a regular basis, you can install the term info on there. See here: alacritty/INSTALL.md at master · alacritty/alacritty · GitHub

If you just want the quick and dirty workaround, after you connect your SSH session just run this:

TERM=xterm-256color

Then carry on with whatever maintenance you are doing.

4 Likes