Sof on garuda

yes i know this game is anceint but i still love it, grandkids too love it so, im trying to install my linux version of soldier of fortune on garuda but run into the following error

setup.sh
This installation doesn't support glibc-2.1 on x86_64
i was sent this link
https://dusted.dk/pages/sof-resolution/

but im unsure how to install this,
all i get is no operation specified
is there any fix for this
thanks in advance

Seems like you may have to follow the directions on that target link, to extract the libraries you need from the cd, i.e.,

sudo mount -o loop SoF.iso /mnt //This mounts the cd image to /mnt
mkdir $HOME/sof //This creates the directory sof in ~
cd /mnt //This changes your directory to where you mounted the ISO image
tar -xf paks.tar.gz -C $HOME/sof/ //This unpacks the 1 of 2 archives into the sof directory
tar -xf binaries.tar.gz -C $HOME/sof/ //This unpacks 2 of 2 archives into the sof directory
cp bin/x86/glibc-2.1/sof $HOME/sof/ //This might be the library you need to be copied into the same directory as the game

Additionally, you're more than likely on a 64-bit machine, which means you need to make sure you have the multilib repo turned on, and then you'll have to find these libraries and get the 32-bit versions installed:

ii libc6:i386 2.27-3ubuntu1 i386 GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii libx11-6:i386 2:1.6.4-3 i386 X11 client-side library
ii libxext6:i386 2:1.3.3-1 i386 X11 miscellaneous extension library
ii libxcb1:i386 1.13-1 i386 X C Binding
ii libxau6:i386 1:1.0.8-1 i386 X11 authorisation library
ii libxdmcp6:i386 1:1.1.2-3 i386 X11 Display Manager Control Protocol library
ii libbsd0:i386 0.8.7-1 i386 utility functions from BSD systems - shared library

At least, that's my guess, based on what you've shared with us. Good luck! Sounds like it's a fun project & game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.