Snapper trouble

snapper-cleanup is set so now its just wait right?

Yes, it runs on a schedule.

If you want to test it you can get it to run it once manually with:

sudo systemctl start snapper-cleanup.service
2 Likes

The script does only replace the pacman.conf and also backup your old pacman.conf, as pacman.conf.bak.

There is also a way to manually add the repo. I think the documentation is mostly good written.

And also the script did not changed garudalinux to cachyos lol.
If you read correctly the docs, then there wont be any problems. The only thing which you missed, is to add the garuda repo back.
Sorry for that.
But even if you got into any issues, you could revert them easy to backup your pacman.conf.

Sorry for those issues.
And cachy-repo wont destroy your complete system.

But thanks, i will add for chaotic-aur/endavouros and so on a extra reminder, that they just need to add their old repo, thats it.

Regards

1 Like

Hi
I guess you talk about

No need to apologise.

Well, basically I just wanted to express my frustration about some snapper behaviors here.

I didn’t put much effort in reading about it previously or even looking into that script first.
So, that’s on me.

To explain why I said something about your script.
After executing it my system wasn’t able to find the “garuda tools” or “garuda-update” anymore. In addition pacman suddenly showed me over 450 updates or changes. I saw suddenly “cachyOS” packages on my system. And so on… That’s not what I wanted. I expected you to add some repos and saw too many things changing.

As I said, I didn’t spend much time to investigate further and just wanted to go back.
→ I thought I have working snapshots. But snapper didn’t work properly (on my system).
→ That was my point for this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.