Simply the best distribution

Simply the best distribution

I've spent the last few weeks, basically trying to use some windows software on linux using wine, I've been testing the main distributions one by one, sometimes just using the live version, other times installing on the computer, with this objective and other additional ones. such as aesthetics and performance. I had started with manjaro, but had gone on to try the strangest versions of linux like endeavor or peppermint, clearly little by little I was understanding the map of linux distributions, something that all distros should teach to understand better to make it easier for a user coming from other platforms to be able to locate what the distribution can be for that user.

The first impression of garuda was not right, the visual impression made me not to test Garuda KDE further, but luckily for me, when I felt more comfortable with linux and KDE, I decided to give Garuda a thorough test.

Once installed, the initial screens and wizards already gave me an idea of the great work they did here, not only in the visual area, but in the deeper areas of linux, taking care of every detail and each one of the aspects of linux. Despite the fact that I am more of a minimalist style, I like to configure, and for that reason I needed to use KDE but a more "flat" version, I was testing it in parallel with Nobara linux, which was the other great candidate. Clearly, the monolithic style and little adjusted to the reality of fedora, which is the core or origin of Nobara, despite its solidity, made me feel trapped, a subjective emotion that soon disappeared when I finally tried Garuda Linux this time.

Pleasantly, I found that the wizards and other configurations made my work enormously easier, despite how heavy the initial update was, and after understanding each of the elements of Garuda, I must say with the greatest joy that Garuda is the best distribution I have ever had. tried.

I congratulate the great Garuda community that makes this project possible, and that marks a beginning for me to use linux, as I am a user who comes from Windows. On Windows I'm a power user, but on Linux I clearly went from novice to average user.

One or another bug, there always was, and I know that as a Garuda team they are being resolved in each version. Thank you very much for listening to this little story.

ORIGINAL VERSION OF THIS TEXT:

Me he pasado las ultimas semanas, basicmanete intentando usar algun software de windows en linux usando wine, me he pasado probando las principales distribuciones una a una, a veces solo usando la version live, otras instalando en el computador, con este objetivo y otros adicionales como estética y rendimiento. Había empezado con manjaro, pero habia pasado a probar las versiones mas extrañas de linux como endeavour o peppermint, claramente poco a poco estaba entendiendo el mapa de distribuciones de linux, algo que deberían enseñar todas las distros a comprender mejor para facilitar a un usuario venindo de otras plataformas a poder ubicarse cual puede ser la distribución para ese usuario.

La primera impresión de garuda no fue acertada, la impresion visual hacía que no probara Garuda KDE más a fondo, pero afortunadamente para mi, cuando me sentí más comodo con linux y KDE, decidi probar a fondo a Garuda.

Una vez instalado, las pantallas iniciales y los wizards ya me daban una idea del gran trabajo que hicieron aquí, no solamente en el area visual, sino en las áreas mas profundas de linux, cuidando cada detalle y cada uno de los aspectos de linux. Pese a que yo soy de estilo más minimalista, me gusta configurar, y por eso necesitaba usar KDE pero una version mas "flat", lo estaba probando paralelamente con linux Nobara, que era el otro gran candidato. Claramente el estilo monolítico y poco ajustado a la realidad de fedora que es el nucleo o el origen de Nobara a pesar de su solidez me sentía atrapado, una emoción subjetiva que pronto desapareció al probar esta vez por definitiva a Garuda Linux.

Gratamente comprobé que los wizards y otras configuraciones me simplificaron el trabajo enormemente, a pesar de lo pesada que fue la actualización inicial, y de comprender cada uno de los elementos de Garuda, debo decir con la mayor alegría que Garuda es la mejor distribución que he probado.

Felicito a la gran comunidad de Garuda que hace posible este proyecto, y que marca un inicio para mi para usar linux, que soy un usuario que viene de Windows. En Windows soy un power user, pero en Linux claramente pasé de novato a usuario medio.

Uno que otro bug, siempre habŕa, y se que como equipo Garuda los va resolviendo en cada versión. Muchas gracias por escuchar esta pequeña historia.

13 Likes

Sería genial si reportas los bugs encontrados, de ese modo podemos solucionarlos.

Me da mucho gusto que te haya gustado la distribución, saludos.

3 Likes

El bug que se me ocurre ahora es que al maximizar las ventanas, la barra del título desaparece, al momento la solucion es una accion del usuario pero pienso que puede arreglarse en la distro, garuda kde dragonized, y pues con la edción de un archivo se soluciona

No esperaba encontrar gente que hable español

In my second year of using Garuda I can update my feedback given a year ago.
I just showed a friend (and IT student) Garuda and he directly jumped on it.
He was asking me for a less headach-ish version of Arch,

I couldn't resist :grin: :grin: :grin:

I showed him my rig and he was blown away, so he's currently installing it, I'm sure he'll be happy with it.

Cheers,

Bruce :shark:

4 Likes

i gave garuda a 9 out of 10 on distrowatch - i'm the guy with the Ryzen 7 5800X3D :wink: - now i expect vip support - lol

4 Likes

You will need to give 10/10 for that :wink:

5 Likes

RIP Tina Turner. :cry:

4 Likes

El bug que se me ocurre ahora es que al maximizar las ventanas, la barra del título desaparece

Eso no es un bug, es cómo está diseñado, cuando una aplicación pasa a full screen se integra con el applet de appmenú para que se aproveche mejor la pantalla.

Pues aquí estamos. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.