Share Some funny things 😁

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-02 at 8.45.01 PM

10 Likes

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-02 at 20.46.52

7 Likes

4 Likes

@justmere I have never even heard of duck duck "grey"! Is that really what you guys call it?!

Is it the same game, where the kids sit around in a circle and one goes around the outside, picks someone, and tries to race back to their spot without getting caught? (Something like that, it's been about 30 years since I played! :joy:)

1 Like

Yeah, duck, duck, grey duck is the same game. Bring back your inner child! get a game going at the office. :rofl: Why Do Minnesotans Say 'Duck, Duck, Gray Duck?' - CBS Minnesota

3 Likes

At the cost of those chaotic one's its better to replace it with the 8K OR 4K VR Machine.

1 Like

Why wouldn't it work. Is just incredibly unsafe, since those screws will have mains voltage and a quick touch can easily kill you.

1 Like

I think kids of every country had played this game at least once , I used to play it with my other classmates when i was of 1st to 3rd grade student , But we never said it duck duck grey or duck duck goose , just got to know what you guys say it :grin:

3 Likes

True, in Europe this game is called "travel to Rome" or "travel to Jerusalem", depends on the area.

3 Likes

What I know as "Reise nach Jerusalem" is a different game though. You've got a bunch of chairs, one less than children, and music's playing and the kids walk around. When the music stops you gotta get a chair or you're out.

Never played "Duck Duck Goose" as a kid. Only know it from American TV.

1 Like

We have this game in America too, but it is called "Musical Chairs." (Very creatively named, don't you think? :joy:)

Very much so. ^^

We played a variation when I was 9 in school in sports. Instead of chairs we had rings lied out on the floor, and when the music stopped every kid had to be in a ring - one person per ring - or they were out.

Music stopped, I jumped into one, unfortunately a rather heavy girl did too. The result was an almost perfect 90Β° angle in my forearm where there shouldn't have been one; both bones were broken clean. Still have the scars from the two following operations. xD

3 Likes

Truffle Shuffle GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

1 Like

And when we combined it with a cake as the prize for landing on a specific chair, we called it a "Cake Walk." :smiley:

1 Like

ah ok, then I was mistaken, sorry :flushed:

The history of that term is a surprising one, and what it means now is kind of cause for question. Although, this piece pulled from wikipedia, i really appreciate:

Wikipedia, "Cakewalk":
Amiri Baraka in Blues People explained the strangeness of a slave dance covertly mocking white slaveholders that later was adopted by whites unaware of the mockery: "If the cakewalk is a Negro dance caricaturing certain white customs, what is that dance, when, say, a white theater company attempts to satirize it as a Negro dance? I find the idea of white minstrels in blackface satirizing a dance satirizing a dance satirizing themselves a remarkable kind of ironyβ€”which, I suppose, is the whole point of minstrel shows."[22]

People unaware of mocking themselves I think this fits in "funny things." :slight_smile:

I'd have to come up with a cooler story than that for the scars! LOL :joy:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I entered ten puns in a
contest to see if any would win.

No pun in ten did.

9 Likes