POV: @SGS is working on a new feature for Dragonized edition

3 Likes

:rofl:

11 Likes

From a reply to me on Brodie's video on GIMP "almost" reaching GTK3

Things that will happen before GIMP reaches GTK4: -

• Broadcom WiFi drivers in kernel
  • Stable kernel ABI
  • Peripherals adopt a common RGB configuration standard; single cross-platform FOSS tool developed to do it
  • Pipewire gets to 1.0
  • X11 gets left behind
  • all Ubuntu based distros convert to Debian base
  • Year of desktop BSD
6 Likes

This is Alex's fault for forcing me to review all my psychology research materials for sharing. This is one I know most here will appreciate:

9 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes
6 Likes

Yep, that's pretty much what came to mind. Trouble is, first forum visit of the day, this was one of the first threads I opened and opened that link in a new tab and carried on reviewing all the new posts/threads.
Finished all that, came back to this new tab, started watching, noticed the socks and "uummm, where did this link come from, was it to do with the funny Amazon post..... ah yes, good"
Given that people can "be themselves" at home on the computer, when "being themselves" is "unacceptable" AFK, these connections make perfect sense, especially when *nix is popular for hermit computer nerds

Of course, none of which stops it being hilariously stupid for Amazon to make that suggestion, except of course if it's appropriate for that Amazon account.

Users : Why are you not on discord?
Garuda devs : Discord users in a nutshell

r/linuxmemes
17 Likes

file_65259

13 Likes

liked because of the mechanical keyboard :slight_smile: ( I refuse to "compute" without mechanical keyboards !!! ) :stuck_out_tongue:

.... sniff.... "I have a dream... Garuda Gentoo" !!

2 Likes

11 Likes

Oh YT preview, how cruel you can be!
inappropriate-brodie

Actual video: Why Did I Never Switch Away From Arch Linux - YouTube

1 Like

It's my dream too :crazy_face:

1 Like

Depends if the permissions R on ur mum - ZING!

Additional zing to the is 777 bad joke.

1 Like

Thank you Garuda team, for breaking my distro hopping addiction!

Now I am finally free, since I have garuda as my main distro and I can feed my brain with dopamine all the time on the other machines!
To do list:

1 Animal testing to establish base line (if all good continue)
2 Measure the amount of distro hopps before overdose. Throw a party! (invite a friend and ask him to have 911 on speed dial)
3 To make a fake ID under 18 so I can't buy alcohol & tobacco(no drink&&drive anymore)
4 Delete my social media.
5 Quit my job.
6 Delete my dealer number.
7 Make a business plan.

Distro hoping VS Heroin. The real live taker!
Research papers will be released soon!

KEEP HOPPING!!! Cheers!

6 Likes

Oh its Wolfgang. Love his videos, watched this one for the first time when I was kinda distrohopping addicted myself :grimacing:

5 Likes

I finally settled on Arch-based distro hopping and when that grew tiresome, just Arch with various DEs, WMs, filesystems, inits, etc.

Of all of the distributions based in/on Arch, Garuda is by far the most innovative. As far as DEs, it's still hard to beat Xfce for plain getting work done. Still Openbox for me, as far as the WMs, 'cause I've just used it so much in the past. KDE Plasma for window dressing and fun, because that's what it is. Heck, I've spent a few years not needing to go outside of Arch-in-general, and I enjoy that. Being able to play in a playground I'm already familiar with, but also enjoying it many different ways is not something I expected, but there it is.

But when I feel the need to punish myself, I choose GNOME. I stock it with the latest-n-greatest extensions, really cool themes & icons, and go to great lengths to make GNOME what it is not. Because I know that in 6 months or less the GNOME developers are gonna piss on my parade when their next update brings my entire funny farm crashing down. And they relish it. sob

10 Likes

image :laughing:
A google search. (about the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme/master motherboard)

2 Likes

:flushed::rofl:

And mandog enters the arena in 3…2…

3 Likes