Segmentation fault (core dumped) paleofetch

Hello,
I'm facing segmentation fault during installation. please, Anyone help me. I have no idea about it

Please do not post pictures of command outputs or error messages. I am currently on a cell phone and cannot read your outputs.

Please edit your post to remove the pic and add the proper textual output.

Pictures instead of text on technical help threads are totally inappropriate. Pics are often hard to read, and impossible to copy the into an internet search engine to find answers to your issue. Pictures also waste bandwidth and storage space on the forums servers unnecessarily. All outputs should be posted on the forum as text, (unless there is absolutely no other way of capturing the text). In almost all cases logs or outputs can be uploaded and picture are unwarranted. Posting your outputs properly will make it it far easier to get your technical issue resolved.

Please post all logs and terminal outputs using proper formatting on the forum. Please use three of these symbols ~ before and after any code that you post. This ensures that the output is formatted correctly in a proper human readable code block on the forum.

Example:

~~~
your terminal output, logs, or code pasted here
~~~

Please refer to the Garuda wiki section on reporting bugs for tips on posting system specifications or other info required to help you resolve your issue.

Posting outputs & logs via the terminal:

Termbin allows users to post any required logs or outputs via the terminal. Termbin doesn't even require its own program, but it does require netcat to work. To use termbin gnu-netcat or openbsd-netcat must be installed.

Termbin is an open source terminal/netcat based pastebin type service. The life span for a single paste on Termbin is one month.

Outputs that may be helpful for you to post:

inxi -Fxxxza  | nc termbin.com 9999
sudo dmesg | nc termbin.com 9999
journalctl | grep - Ei "segmentation| error" | nc termbin.com 9999
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | nc termbin.com 9999

See:

termbin.com

Welcome to Garuda.

3 Likes

Nice addition to ISOs!! Do you know it’s included (gnu-netcat) or should I ping our devs?

openbsd-netcat in shared/Packages-Desktop-Common

1 Like

I asked them to include it a while back and I believe they did, but I'm not 100% sure if it's included in all ISO's. I believe openbsd-netcat was the version that was going to be included as the other version had some Python conflicts with other Python programs in common usage.

2 Likes
 sgs@i3 in ~ took 181ms
 λ cd Gitlab    

find -iname '*openbsd-netcat*'

Nope :frowning:

Oops,

2021-02-04_22-42
It is on my PC , who knows what installed them :wink:

2 Likes

You probably installed it yourself to test out termbin a while back when I brought it up. Us old guys the memory isn't exactly like it used to be. :wink:

3 Likes

Its in our iso profiles so it should be. :grin:

2 Likes

I tried the suggestion of Termin, creating an alias in bashrc.
It would be nice to have it in ISOs for installation issues :wink:
alias (user and root) or a script tb in /bin.

3 Likes

Good idea :slight_smile: Done, hope that is what you meant :smiley:
It still might be useful to create a script in /bin as we cant change root users bashrc?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s needed.
I was just thinking of the rare case of someone used su login, but most if not all cases are covered with default garuda user (and skel after installation).
Well done! :+1:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Chit Chat - (Silliness factor 5)