Screenshots | Garuda Linux preferred :master:

Oh, beer, how I miss thee...(I am on a low-carb diet so it's whiskey for me instead)

4 Likes

I limit myself as well but there is nothing like a good cold one. :wink:

1 Like

Tasty! Don't mind if I borrow your icon set :slight_smile: .

1 Like

It is all open source, borrow until you can drink no more. :beers:

2 Likes

The Garuda Team :wink:

as usual, is working tirelessly to improve the distribution.

12 Likes

Ahhh, that's cute! :smiley:

5 Likes

Well 2 days in and I'm testing this wonderful OS out. Awesome KDE Plasma is for sure!! Playing with my wallpaper and here are what I'm trying image wise... decisions , decisions :thinking:

10 Likes

That Zelda one is pretty bad ass!

3 Likes

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Live Wallpaper themes like those.

2 Likes

How did you configure your terminal?
What other programs do you run?

2 Likes

I want your conky config files @freebird54

2 Likes

check this repo For My Linux Customization

9 Likes

They probably wouldn’t do you much good - they heavily rely on outside ‘library’ functions (see conkywx (AUR)) and quite a bit of lua and bash scripting as well! Any particular feature interest you? After all, it is a work in progress most of the time A partial setup might be a better bet, depending…

(that particular screenshot is from back a while...)
5 Likes

5 Likes

Looks more like Cinnamon....

2 Likes

Trying to replicate the windows 11 look

7 Likes

@Numeriku

The better way is

:smiley:

9 Likes

Already destroyed the windows 11 installation, weirdly enough i feel like my linux replication of windows 11 runs much smoother than the original. :joy:

8 Likes

Trying out a new KDE Plasma theme called Mega-Plasma.

8 Likes

Well i also became full time linux user after destroying my preinstalled windiws 10 on my laptop, which I got from my father on my birthday and even i knew how to recover it but i didn't , the thing was that there was an alienwere update or something like that which I whenever tried to get installed, "it said hardware not supported!" , well this is seriously ironical because all laptops and PC's are mostly made for windows , and this happened almost four years or three years ago and as a small boy of 8th grade at that time I didn't knew about what is happening then I found that it's supported for widows 10 pro then i tried to upgrade (legally according to microsuft) to windows 10 pro and then i don't know how but microsuft office was deleted but I didn't knew why , and i was disappointed because for upgrading from windows 10 to windows 10 pro it took 7 hours ! and now I thought that I should go back to windows 10 by factory reset and the system was fully broke and there was just a recovery option and my heart was broken :broken_heart: because my computer was the only thing to whom i spent most of the time other than talking to my own brain and doing homework ( well it doesn't mean that i don't have friends but they are more like monkeys :monkey: than humans ) but then i decided to use linux well i knew about linux from seventh grade and have used ubuntu , just because i am computer lover and had a book of computer in which ubuntu was mentioned (just a book that was not in our syllabus)

Luckily I had ubuntu flashed pen drive at that time and then after installing ubuntu searched for something which is better then ubuntu and found linux mint and then installed it and then after using it some days I was very much comfortable and much more than i was in windows , there were no "antivirus has expired" like notification and I was without any tension learning more and more about computer and linux and now I have started learning my first programming language python on the same laptop (theoretically not first, c++ was my first language but at that time i wasn't able to get it into my small head :laughing: and then I stopped after just making a CLI calculator from it) . After getting into linux,I distro hopped for some 2 or 3 times and stopped at Garuda.

what i learned : for reading a book only one reason is sufficient that you like it and never think it is just time wasting because that knowledge can be useful for you at any time and you will not know when is that time going to come :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes