Remove the loading screen during boot

Greetings, fellow members of this forum! I am pleased to introduce myself as a new member who has recently joined this community. I would like to take this opportunity to express my positive experience with Garuda Linux, which has proven to be an excellent operating system for all my academic endeavors.

I have enjoyed customizing the various elements in the KDE version of the desktop, enabling me to tailor the interface to my liking. However, I have encountered a minor issue in my pursuit of a personalized system. Specifically, I have been unable to alter the loading screen that appears before the login screen, displaying the message 'Press [ESC] to see textual output.' I would be grateful for any guidance on how to bypass this loading screen and view the textual output by default. Thank you for your anticipated assistance.

In the file /etc/default/grub remove both “splash” and “quiet” from the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line. Then run “update-grub” on the command line in a terminal.

This can more easily be done using the “Garuda Boot Options” utility:
ksnip_20230307-204243

p.s.
If you’d like to remove Plymouth (the splash screen software) entirely, also do

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.