Refresh mirrorlist

Skip that, it's too much of a trouble and a long shot anyways.

I have some stuff I have to get at myself, so maybe we can pick this up later if you've still had no luck.

yeah alright sounds good and thanks for the awesome support

1 Like

@Kit, the reason @tbg wants you to power-down as much as possible is that Windows, especially when it uses hibernation, but also in general, tends to "grab" onto hardware and won't let go of it until you can do so.

This is a long thread and I cannot remember, but did anyone advise you to check your BIOS for any settings that skip or auto-detect your hardware? If so, you want your BIOS to fully scan for hardware, so you may need to change a setting in it to reflect that.

I now return your session back to the big guy, @tbg.
:wink:

4 Likes

im pretty sure all my hardware is detected correctly everything shows up correctly like it normally would ive checked my bios and i couldnt find anything about skipping or not detecting hardware

1 Like

also question is there a way to uninstall then reinstall pacman because that may solve the issue i think

Pacman is your package manager. But, yes, you can. Perhaps you should learn a bit about it and Arch first?

regards

Sorry but I'm not too sure what else to suggest at this point but you could try disabling IPv6. There are at least 3 ways to do that, so have a search for the easiest method for you.

I guess you could try setting a static IP address but that's not so great for a laptop. It might be a bit more convenient if you assigned an static IP address through your router via your adapter's MAC address.

There is also the possibility of replacing dhclient with dnsmasq, but that's a bit of work if your not familiar with how it's done.

Sorry, but I'm off to bed now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.