Recent update destroyed KDE and now I can't boot. Help!

After a recent update, I can't boot back into garuda linux or access a tty due to broken configs and all of my timeshift snapshots have the same problem. How do I chroot into garuda linux? I tried following a tutorial on youtube but for some reason it is saying that /mnt/boot mount point does not exist? I need to downgrade sddm or somehow reset my configs to fix my problem

3 Likes

Running arch-chroot gives me an error saying mount: /mnt/proc: mount point does not exist.

1 Like

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/chroot

2 Likes

Also, full details on how did I get to this point: KDE Crashes regularly after updating (#3) · Issues · Garuda Linux / Themes and Settings / Settings / garuda-dr460nized · GitLab

1 Like

Did you try this
Edit : wrong link
Correct one

3 Likes

I have a bootable drive and I am trying to chroot from there, but I am getting an error which I mentioned before

1 Like

I corrected the link
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Its ok. Also sadly that is not the full extent of my issue. Its night here and I have been having problems for like 9 hrs. After a recent update, my system broke. Full details are here: KDE Crashes regularly after updating (#3) · Issues · Garuda Linux / Themes and Settings / Settings / garuda-dr460nized · GitLab How do I fix this issue? Thanks.

1 Like

I successfully chrooted into garuda

1 Like

Well, I don't use KDE anymore. I switched to Cinnamon a while ago.
So I can't really help you
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Its fine. I just have one question. Do I need to somehow mount /home as well to install linux-lts? I am trying to rule out the possibility of this being a kernel issue

1 Like

I don't think so.
You can install kernel from TTY easily.

1 Like

Alright. I am going to install linux-lts

2 Likes

Btw, you should change the title because chrooting is not the actual problem.

1 Like

Ok, I am just really tired

1 Like

Btw, here is similar topic.

1 Like

I checked it out. The problem is that I reinstalled garuda and now I don't have the downgraded version of sddm. Reinstalling didnt help as the problem is probably in the /home directory and I don't want to lose all my data

1 Like

Live boot and backup your data first.

2 Likes

I installed linux-lts and I am going to boot with it just to verify that it is not a linux-zen issue

1 Like

Is deleting the entire ~/.config directory safe? Those configs would be regenerated right? I can't boot in even by using the lts kernel

1 Like