Realtek RTL8852AE WIFI (Lenovo Thinkpad L 15 G2) is not working

Hello everyone,

i would love to install and use Garuda Linux. I just bought a new Laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad L 15 Gen2. Being a complete beginner in Linux, i have troubles finishing the installation, because i can not get a WIFI connection set up. Drivers are missing for the Realtek RTL8852AE Wifi 6 Adapter.

Does anyone know, will this driver be available at some point for Garuda Linux and/or Linux in general? I could not find any information online so far.

Thank you so much in advance!

The driver for this adapter should be provided by the rtw89-dkms-git package from the AUR:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rtw89-dkms-git

If this package works correctly after installation for by you I will see if we can get the package included in the Chaotic-AUR repo. That way you will not need to build the driver any more as packages in the Chaotic repo are pre-built.

You can use USB Android phone tethering to connect wirelessly if you need a wireless connection. Garuda can be installed offline without a connection if need be.

Welcome to Garuda BTW.

7 Likes

Thank you so much! I will try. Chaotic-AUR repo sounds way easier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reading the notes on the AUR package's webpage there may be an issue with the pkgbuild. Test it to see if it's been fixed.

4 Likes
Network:   Device-1: Realtek vendor: Lenovo driver: rtw89_pci v: N/A modules: rtw89pci port: 2000 bus-ID: 01:00.0
chip-ID: 10ec:8852 class-ID: 0280
IF: wlp1s0 state: up mac: <filter>

Driver work fine.

For me not :slight_smile: only one USB-A port, filled with Ventoy live ISO.

Calamares crash, a new construction site.

Have you read this?

No, I build from git :slight_smile:
I want to say the driver work and I hope we got it soon in chaotic/AUR AND ISO's.

1 Like

Okay we will add it to mhwd so it will be installed on the hardware needing it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.