Realtek ALC892 Audio Device not detected

Okay, so I bought a new Computer a few days ago and of course I immediately installed Garuda GNOME. I have the MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Mainboard.
I just noticed, that my Audio Card is detected when I use aplay -l this is the Output:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 11: HDMI 5 [HDMI 5]
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
card 3: Juke [ROCCAT Juke], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 0/1

However, when I try to change my Audio Device with Pavucontrol or the normal GNOME Audio Device Selector, it is not shown. Other Devices and my external Sound card (Roccat Juke) work fine.
I also tried to replace Pipewire with Pulseaudio still no luck (I really did not think that this would be helpful anyway).

Do I have to install a specific Driver for the Realtek ALC892/ALC897 or something? And yes, I have already searched through the Internet for a Solution, did not really find anything helpful.

Thanks.

• One, your computer is brand new. Therefore you need a brand new kernel that recognizes that fact.
  • Two, I always find the package paprefs very useful in GNOME to select the appropriate device.
  • Three, there are forum threads about replacing Pipewire with Pulseaudio. Please reference them.
  • Four, good luck! Sometimes it's a matter of weeks before new kernels are generated that incorporate all the recent hardware. But, hey, you gotta new computer! :slight_smile:

regards

2 Likes

Without researching your driver fully I can't say if it's supported well in newer kernels. However, if you want the newest hardware support, installing the linux-mainline kernel usually is your best bet. That kernel has the most up to date hardware inclusions. However, it is also likely the kernel with the most new bugs as it is rather experimental in nature.

Welcome to Garuda BTW.

2 Likes