Question on Garuda Linux Deepin, thanks

Hello. I am planning to assist a person in replacing its Deeping OS 15, because browser is flickering. She already has Deeping, so I thing it might be appropriate to have the same desktop, the original Deeping OS is bright and beauty, with the menu buttons in the center of the screen (Gnome style) but the browser does not perform well with its laptop, a Samsung RV 515

Will Garuda Linux Deepin have the drivers for this laptop Samsung RV 515?
Thanks

Drivers should not be a problem.

I think you should wait until the new release
For garuda deepin
As current iso has some bugs

When gnome 3.38 is available in arch repo

We will test it then release new iso's

3 Likes

Thanks @librewish do you know how long it takes for Arch to update repos? Gnome 3.38 was already released 4 days ago:

Regards

Is that a long time?

1 Like

Hello @jonathon, please understand that I am only asking a simple question because I am not familiar with the upgrade times of Arch repos.
Regards

Sure, but all things take time. GNOME is not a single package, so you can't expect it to appear the hour (or even day) after it's released.

The vast majority of questions related to when something will be available have the same answer: "when it's ready".

If you want to estimate how long it will take then you can look at the package history (e.g. https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/commits/packages/gnome-session/trunk) and compare that to the associated release dates.

3 Likes

Okay im building deepin lite edition now it will be available in an hour or so

3 Likes

Thank you @jonathon

Namaste :pray: @librewish

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you very much @librewish for your kind and fast attention. I am downloading it now.
Best regards.

2 Likes