Quad Boot Problems

I didn’t know that. That’s a nice option.
But the important issue here is that a user has to study and learn about those, so he won’t be afraid of losing his system and data. And OT poster seems a real newbie, no offense.
It would be ideal if users felt it is important to know basic technical details of OSes. :man_shrugging:

Manjaro,Ubuntu,windows 10 were installed in my old legacy mobo.They were booting and working fine. I had to relaplace the mobo. With my new uefi mobo they were working fine. By default legacy support was enabled in the uefi mobo. Win 10 boot entry disappeared only after I installed Garuda. Garuda was installed without any changes to mobo settings. Garuda recognised manjaro and ubuntu,not win10.The problem was caused clearly by garuda.

Nope.

Read what you wrote again.

2 Likes

Regardless of cause, any Linux user considering themselves competent enough to install & maintain 2 or 3 Linux distributions + Windows can surely repair this little problem.

2 Likes

I tried to fix the problem without success.I think only garuda team can fix this garuda problem.

It is frustrating to answer questions that are full from technical knowledge unawareness, but, for the sake of future readers, I will answer once more and not close the topic (since you imply of there is a fault in Garuda system without any proof at all, which is , at least, rude).

This means Garuda is a Normal Linux distro, using grub, in a mixed UEFI/MSdosLegacy system.

There is NO problem. It’s a YOUR desire issue and misconception, no offense (again).

Have you read any instructions of the proper method and possible implications? Can you post even one link to what you have been advised to do?
I hope you have one, because if you don’t, it is weird (gently speaking) that you so strongly insist about technical issues.

How were you booting prior and after mobo replacement?
If you don’t know what I mean:

• Were you using BIOS boot menu?
  • Were you using Windows boot loader? OK, I’m joking. There is no multiboot feature for Windows. :laughing:
  • Were you using Manjaro grub and in what boot mode, after all?

I will not answer further, unless some sane response comes out and some respect is shown. Each user is the System Administrator of his system, whether knowingly or not.

1 Like

okay itz not a problem of garuda out of grub you can boot also uefi (check this only on other linux distros) because i have windows 10 also installed on usb ssd as mbr and efi
it will show automatic on start up i dont have to do anything

i must also give you advise to answere few questions as given before

and don't mix up everything

a clean install of every distro or any other system on a single hdd and
no multi-multi-bootmenues
every entry must set on own hdd and there will be no problem

First I apologise if I seemed rude. That was not my intent.I tried the ideas suggested in this thread. It did not work.I said it is garuda problem because the problem came up only after the garuda install.I was using the manjaro boot menu(manjaro grub),legacy enabled uefi mode. I see the same problem when I use garuda boot menu.Linux distros and windows 10,their grubs are installed on seperate SSDs.

1 Like

Following your description, it sounds as if you have installed and are using multiple GRUBs. If that's factual, that's a big no-no.

regards

1 Like

This is a mystery I will not try to solve.

This is normal, no matter the boot mode.

Finally… my quick, short and easy solution for you only is to let all OSes as they are and use BIOS boot menu to boot whatever OS you want. If you don’t know how to access BIOS boot menu, read your motherboard user manual.

Else, do how you like, but please don’t bother this forum with your new problems, or what you think is wrong.

Be well and have fun discovering! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

you don't read the posts and mixed up 2 multiboot grub entrys
there are not enough infos you don't answere questions so it is impossible to help

is one of the installed system uefi ???
or two when which

just a few thoughts about your problem

first of all from which harddisk do you boot its bootpartition is also read out
do you now have multiple grubs on one boot partition
or do you always boot from the same harddisk but the windows entry is not read

i think in your case it is really easier to use the bootmenu of your board

or you build it right

Sorry to be another to pile on here, but your above statement couldn’t be more incorrect. You have done so many things wrong it’s no wonder your having issues.

My advice to you as you seem to be unsure how Multi-booting is supposed to work is to wipe the slate clean. Pick the one OS you prefer and run only that OS on your system.

I don’t think Multi-booting is for you until you’re much clearer on the concept of how it’s supposed to work. I’m not trying to be insulting I’m trying to save you problems. Simply get one OS working properly and then learn that one OS inside and out.

All the posts on this thread and wasted effort trying to convince a Windows user how to set up their system correctly. I think forum resources would be far better utilized by simply locking Windows help requests as this is not within the purview of Garuda Linux support on our forum IMO.

Total waste of time and effort.

1 Like

But GRUB is, and Windows is just another GRUB entry.

For basic Windows problems, yeah, keep locking 'em! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have now solved the problem by updating grub.Everything works fine now including win10.
Thanks to all of you for bashing me unfairly.
I request,this thread can be closed.

None of the comments here were in the least bit unfair, and neither were they personally bashing you.

As per your request the thread is now locked.

4 Likes

This is not enough for an explanation of how it was solved.
Please, explain all steps you did, what grub have you updated, what boot mode is each distro, etc

2 Likes

I updated garuda grub. I also updated ubuntu grub.As I posted before garuda,manjaro,ubuntu,win10 are all in legacy mode in the uefi mobo where legacy mode support is enabled.Any more info, you want,I will try to provide.
BTW thanks to your team.Garuda OS is wonderfull. It is elegant,efficient,fast,stable,reliable,with lots of good features. I love Garuda OS.

3 Likes

Can you show me this post, please?
If you had said so, the answer was only one. Update grub on all Linux distros.
We wouldn’t have to imagine and suppose…
I hope this can be a lesson to how clean info and answers help others help you.

Edit: And also a lesson for helpers, to not assume and always ask for info from terminal output. :frowning_face:

2 Likes