Qemu-base & Qemu-desktop conflicting dependencies

Oh, dammit. I forgot a line of code. Should be fixed.

2 Likes

Which line of code needs to be fixed?

You don't need to do anything. Just run garuda-update.

Confirmed, its now working fine for me no errors and all packages are updating as am writing this reply

5 Likes

I wrote in the terminal garuda-update, and after that I was able to update the system, everything worked, thank you very much <3

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for your help everyone!

8 Likes

Working great for me now too! Thank you for the fix!

Just wanted to say that running garuda-update on my older MATE Garuda computer
gives this message:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 garuda is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 chaotic-aur is up to date

--> Refreshing mirrorlists using reflector, please be patient..
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 garuda                                              95.8 KiB  45.4 KiB/s 00:02 [---------------------------------------------] 100%
 core                                               157.7 KiB   250 KiB/s 00:01 [---------------------------------------------] 100%
 extra                                             1753.5 KiB  1096 KiB/s 00:02 [---------------------------------------------] 100%
 community                                            7.2 MiB  2.41 MiB/s 00:03 [---------------------------------------------] 100%
 multilib                                           170.1 KiB   224 KiB/s 00:01 [---------------------------------------------] 100%
 chaotic-aur                                       2027.7 KiB   841 KiB/s 00:02 [---------------------------------------------] 100%
spawn pacman -Su
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace nerd-fonts-fira-code with community/ttf-firacode-nerd? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing nerd-fonts-fira-code breaks dependency 'nerd-fonts-fira-code' required by garuda-mate-settings

the only way I found to get around it was by using pacman -Syu and answering 'N' to the
nerd-fonts question which does allow me to do a full upgrade, which is great news, but it
does make the garuda-update tool constantly end in failure.

This is a different issue, but thanks for pointing it out. The fix is in the pipeline but currently it seems our builder is having some trouble pulling changes from gitlab, so this might take a while.

3 Likes

I am impressed with the speed of the Garuda team's response. I installed Garuda for the first time the day before yesterday and also had this described error.
Thank you very much !

4 Likes

Hello, I had the same error, I solved it by downloading the iso with the direct link, because I first downloaded it via torrent and I had that error, you can try

..what. That literally does not make a difference.

1 Like

My earlier post in this thread didn't belong here and I want to thank you
for being patient and giving a quick and informative response. I'm quite
happy to see that the (nerd font) issue has been resolved, you guys are awesome!

Interesting, and glad to see so many new people in the same thread

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.